Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem with Pc-Camera

Problem with Pc-Camera

Hello everybody,
    I bought pc-camera a4tech PK-635 and I installed it on my laptop Fujitsu-Siemens Amillo Pro V2030 with Windows Xp Pro. Then I reinstall Windows XP and when I install the camera windows did not detect any drivers for it. I try to download the latest drivers from a4tech.com and from some other sites, but the problem was the same. Tomorrow I will skype with a friend from USA and I want to plug-in the camera, but I can't. Can anybody help me!

Best regards!
    BGDevS
    [gloworange]www.peaksoft.info [/gloworange]

Hi, and thanks for the generous time window for a solution

You might try deleting all software relating to the camera, then re-installing it like this:

1. Without the camera attached, install the software and only attach the hardware if requested.

2. If the software installation does not request the hardware shutdown. just load the software and reboot.

3. If all that fails, but Windows spots the new device, you need to look for an .inf and .dll somewhere in the camera software disk. Windows should prompt you for what it wants, just do a search to find out if it is on your HDD or the disk?

4. Try it in a different USB slot. I have seen repeated instances of systems apparently "fixing" on a particular slot. You do not say if you did a full reinstall or a repair reinstall? With the full reinstall you can generally ignore this occasional problem. Incidentally I have only noticed it with Dells, but it might well affect other name brands?
    Last edited by nihil; August 12th, 2007 at 02:54 AM.

Hi,
    I did all of this, but nothing happens ... again the same problem. I have only reinstall Windows without format, deleting or something else ... just reinstall.
    BGDevS

Hi, Barov4e,

1. Does your system detect the camera?
    2. DID IT EVER WORK?
    3. Does your camera have full batteries or is fully charged?
    Is your camera turned on when you try to install it?

Have you tried to manually install it, when Windows hasn't done anything you should get an option to select items manually. Do that and tell it that you have the disk and point it to the CD.

Quote Originally Posted by nihil
    Hi, Barov4e,

2. DID IT EVER WORK?

Have you tried to manually install it, when Windows hasn't done anything you should get an option to select items manually. Do that and tell it that you have the disk and point it to the CD.

Hi,
    1. The system detects that there is a Pc Camera, but didn't detect the drivers for it.
    2. It worked well before the reinstall.
    3. The camera haven't got batteries.
    4. When I am installing the software the camera is not plugged-in. After installing the software I reboot the system and then plug-in the camera.
    BGDevS

Quote Originally Posted by nihil
    Hi, Barov4e,

2. DID IT EVER WORK?

Hi,
    1. The system detects that there is a Pc Camera, but didn't detect the drivers for it.
    2. It worked well before the reinstall.
    3. The camera haven't got batteries.
    4. When I am installing the software the camera is not plugged-in. After installing the software I reboot the system and then plug-in the camera.

I tried to install the driver manually, but it tells me that there isn't information for this device.
    BGDevS

OK try these steps:

1. Boot the laptop with the camera already attached, and see if that gets it detected. If that doesn't work then:

2. Go into the add/remove hardware wizard and look to see if it is shown as already installed (should be down the bottom with the USB stuff). If it is then select it and follow the troubleshooting instructions.

If it is there, and that (#2) doesn't work, unistall it in Device Manager (the previous screen) and reboot.

3. If it isn't there (in the list of installed devices): select "add new device" then "select from a list" then "imaging device". It won't be on the list (?) so click on the "have disk" button and browse to the location where the device drivers are located.

If that doesn't work I would re-install Windows (repair install).

EDIT: http://www.opendrivers.com/driver/22...-download.html

Hi,
    It didn't work. A friend of mine had the same problem and he bought new camera and now he hasn't got problems. But I am on holiday and I can't buy camera here in Sunday or XP CD. I will keep trying.
    BGDevS

Hi Barov4e,

I wonder if you have your problem solved for PK-635 webcam. I'm having the same problem - the pc camera detected, but not the driver... on both XP and Vista Business systems. If you have the problem problem solved, please share with me. Thanks.

Just Another Geek
    Any yellow questionmarks in the device manager? Remove them (uninstall button). After that click on "Scan for hardware changes".
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.