Thread: Keeloq

Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy that I drive an 83 Honda Civic.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

We have a 2008 Volkswagen Rabbit which I didn't see listed either Thank God!

I did however find this very interesting It's kind of neat really, how they managed to do that.

gore, I am afraid He did not respond............ VWs all use Keeloq

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3415084

Hmm didn't see it listed in the original article, or did you actually find it yourself?? I hadn't seen any of that one. That's still very interesting though, the way they managed to do this.

Hi gore,

I found it.............a VW enthusiasts' site. I think that Keelog is pretty much an industry standard at the moment, so it doesn't make a VW more or less attractive security wise?

Yea, security wise it seems most cars aren't looking so good. Ah well, on the bright side it still drives and handles like a dream

Banned
    I arranged an interview with Indesteege and Dunkelman (the researchers from the article), so if anyone has any questions for them, let me know (but quickly, please )

1. Why did you have to find it in VW, couldn't you just have said German cars are way better than every other car makers and immune ?

2. What do YOU drive?

... I think that's it (PS only ask if they seem to have a sense of humor so I'm not making a bigger ass of myself )

Sehr danke =)

Well besides the what do they drive question... I do wonder if they tested this on their own cars.