AutoPatcher told to shutdown.!

Thread: AutoPatcher told to shutdown.!

Cool AutoPatcher told to shutdown.!

Sad day
    Posted by Antonis Kaladis on August 29th, 2007 |

Today we received an e-mail from Microsoft, requesting the immediate take-down of the download page, which of course means that AutoPatcher is probably history. As much as we disagree, we can do very little, and although the download page is merely a collection of mirrors, we took the download page down.

We would like to thank you for your support. For the past 4 years, it has been a blast. Unfortunately, it seems like it's the end of AutoPatcher as we know it.

Comments are welcome...

Antonis Kaladis

Some people have been asking for the E-mail to be published. Heres a copy:
    Lyndon Brown (Blaze)

I've been using the AutoPatcher software for some time now, i found it a lot easier and quicker to use instead of the old Microsoft updates option.

But i guess there has always been that thought in the back of my mind wether Microsoft would someday swing the axe and take out autopatcher.

So what does everyone think of this?

United Kingdom: Bridlington
    Quite right too............... bloody gleek defective...............

"Shaduppa ya face"

Probably has a dope conviction like Bill Gates?

EDIT: A few years back there was this Australian singer of Greek extraction who came out with a very funny song called "Shaduppa ya face" (I think......or maybe that was just the chorus)........... I am sure that teabags remembers it?
    Last edited by nihil; September 2nd, 2007 at 11:33 AM.

Hey Hey,

I actually blogged about this the other day... ( I think it was a big mistake, but who am I to say... John from Calender of Updates things that it's because of the Release of the Windows Update Catalog (

I was able to get a response from a Microsoft Spokesperson if anyone is interested... it can be read @

Wow.... that reads like a giant plug... and my only goal was to share information.. oh well.
    IT Blog: .:Computer Defense:.
    PnCHd (Pronounced Pinched): Acronym - Point 'n Click Hacked. As in: "That website was pinched" or "The skiddie pinched my computer because I forgot to patch".

United Kingdom: Bridlington
    As usual Micro$haft's blatant lies are getting more and more ridiculous.

This outfit have been around for more than 3 years........... and Micro$haft didn't know?

Also, Micro$haft couldn't give a rodent's rectum about what happens to people who download stuff from unauthorised sources?......... hell, that would be a major justification of WGA?............. they should actually want people to do it and suffer the consequences.

As for piracy............. what AutoPatcher does is no different from what a sysadmin in a large outfit would do anyway (or a software pirate for that matter)? All they were doing is making life easier for genuine customers that M$ obviously don't care about.

I don't bitch about M$ core products, as I find them quite acceptable (although rather pricey) I do bitch about their business model and their DRM crap though. Whatever happened to the "customer is king" philosopy?

I still have the cover CDs from computer magazines that have MS service packs and updates on them........... these were actually issued by MS back then, when it suited them

I guess that it is the hypocrisy that annoys me most. You might have noticed that there was no mention of DOS or 9x products? are they now freeware? (apart from the obvious)...............

As far as DRM Nihil I heard Intel is working on a chip that supports DRM features. I think Intel has a butt buddy...