Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Online Gaming and a Wireless College Connection

In utter and endless vanity. Humbleness, oh how I miss thee.
    I'll try that different location thing... and I was already going to ask them, but since there was no classes Labor Day, I haven't been here, heh. Thanks guys. I'll keep you updated.
    This is our world now. The world of the electron and the switch. The beauty of the baud. We exist without nationality, skin color, or religious bias. You wage wars, murder, cheat, lie to us and try and make us think it's for our own good, yet we are the criminals. Yes I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. I am a hacker and this is my manifesto. You may stop me but you can't stop us all.

That's right. I'm 10100111001.

Quote Originally Posted by nihil
    Hmmmmm,
    Children, your parents pay for your sorry arses to go to university to study... or at least to play "foosball"............ or to plain get laid?

Computer games............. ack phtt!

The Wolfman sure likes the ladies. The Wolfman also likes the vids.

Godly Soup, you cool cat. Why not try another game and see if you get the same result as WoW.

Let's find out what's happen'in!!
    I AM... THE WOLFMAN!!
    The Wolfman's Homepage: http://www.fangtastic.org
    Do you dig the Wolfman?? Sign his Ghoulbook or listen to him Howl

In utter and endless vanity. Humbleness, oh how I miss thee.

Angry

Okay, the different locations thing was a bust. I went to the IT room today(I had to go there anyway cause I couldn't get the damned internet working at all last night) and they told me that online gaming WILL get me booted. Apparently it's been charged with "taking too much bandwidth". Which is probably true, but dammnit all. I'm paying for college. At least give me my hobby back for what little free time I do have. Here's what they use if anyone's interested... http://www.bluesocket.com/
    This is our world now. The world of the electron and the switch. The beauty of the baud. We exist without nationality, skin color, or religious bias. You wage wars, murder, cheat, lie to us and try and make us think it's for our own good, yet we are the criminals. Yes I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. I am a hacker and this is my manifesto. You may stop me but you can't stop us all.

That's right. I'm 10100111001.

Yea my college is pretty lame in that aspect also. I can barely use Instant Messaging much less play video games.

Check for a wireless problem caused from something like a phone or usb wireless mouse using 2.4Ghz.

Just a thought of one more possible thing.

Nevermind, read down farther and found out your school sucks.

well, watching the stats from my FPS games, its a constant 15k/sec download and a few k upstream.

Yes, 100 people doing that can be a pain for internet but if you expect people to live there its not unreasonable.

Mind you, I forget the souls that download every game demo going and then a 200Mb texture pack, 300Mb patch and every custom map they can get their hands on. Still, I'd say its rather an unreasonable restriction.
    If the world doesn't stop annoying me I will name my kids ";DROP DATABASE;" and get revenge.