I have XP Pro SP2 which is fully updated. I use IE7 and have had problems accessing my hotmail account over the last few days. The only thing which I have done is a Windows Update a few days ago.

I can access the hotmail login screen and enter the correct password. When I try to sign in, it tells me that the page cannot be displayed. I thought that the hotmail server was playing up, so I tried using a different PC. I could log in without any problems. A further confusing matter is if I log in with an account which has admin rights on my own laptop, (I normally log in with an account which has limited rights), I can access my hotmail account without any problems.

These facts lead me to believe that there is a problem with the limited user profile that I normally use. I have cleared the Temporary Internet Files and all of the Temp Files. Spybot reveals no problems as does an AV scan. Finally, I've tried System Restore to before the problem started and that's not made any difference either.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your time.