Thread: rebooting of DVR

rebooting of DVR

I'm looking for some help with debugging a Motorola DCT 6412 that I bought off the web. it's giving me some codes that my manuals aren't giving me as troubleshooting info.

The DCT6412 flashes "Eb11, Eb02, Eb07, d1, hunt Fr 1...hunt Fr 10, hunt" then back to Eb11 which starts the sequence again. I've done the unplugging at the unit and plugging back in while holding down the power & select button, same process while holding only the power button but nothing seems to work.

Whatever help I can get would be great!

Pardon?

I'm looking for some help with debugging a Motorola DCT 6412 that I bought off the web. it's giving me some codes that my manuals aren't giving me as troubleshooting info.
    Perhaps it isn't a "bug"?. AFAIK "hunt" means that it is looking for a cable connection and "Fr" is "flashing ROM"

If you bought it "off the web" it might have been lying around for a while and may just be trying to update its firmware?

Try hooking it up, switching it on, and leave it to fester for a few hours. See if it can update itself.

If that doesn't work, try calling Comcast........... it might be something at their end?

Incidentally, this is a Computer Security site so please don't expect too much in the line of HDTV support