Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disable 'Run > iexplore' ??

er stopping IE is pretty hard since you can goto explorer and type in a address and it turns into ie. There are so many way around it...

I am just glad that I am the only one that has noticed this huge privacy invasion.
    Actually it isn't a privacy invasion, it is an apalling lack of security.

If your network is managed by outsiders perhaps you could suggest an independent security audit, particularly to ensure regulatory compliance. That way the bad news comes from someone else

I actually mustered up the courage to talk to the owner today. I was pleasantly surprised when he thanked me, and told me that if I notice anything else like that, to let him know. He said that he was going to call this company and see what could be done to fix it. I told him that because of what I had seen, that I would not put much faith into this company. Time will tell.

Thanks to everyone for the replies.

I am glad that things worked out the way they did. As for IE, he has decided to disable it completely. He let the same company disable it... I guarantee that they just put in a non-existent proxy
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

As for IE, he has decided to disable it completely. He let the same company disable it... I guarantee that they just put in a non-existent proxy
    Ok, so he used content advisor. Still easily bypassed, but will work with most users.
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

I made a script that loaded with each user as they loaded on a domain before that just adds a proxy in interenet explorer settings to 127.0.0.1 and enforced a policy that does not allow changing of ie settings.

They could still use other browsers but it makes IE its self pretty useless..