Thread: Traffic filtering and plotting graphs for them

Traffic filtering and plotting graphs for them

First of all, I would like to explain my senario.
    Let's say request from my network goes for three different destination network pool in internet 9.0.0.0/24, 11.0.0.0/24 and 12.0.0.0/24. And according to the senario there is one interface connected to my local network and another interface is gateway to internet. Now i have to make one graph for traffic destination to 9.0.0.0/24 and 11.0.0.0/24 and another graph for traffic destination to 12.0.0.0/24. Is it is possible by comman graph plotting tools like Mrtg , Cacti. I think they cannot plot sperate graph for different destination address rather than they only plot graph through a particular interface. There must be solution for this, please suggest me.

Well depends on where all the information is stored but what I did for my last project with graphing is parsed a text log into a mysql database then from there it can be pulled in with php and graphed. I used the JPGraph libraries to make it easy on myself.

That way it is browser/os independent, easy to access, and I have a set of filters and drop downs that let me select options such at date ranges. Works pretty well.