Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: banned from gamin site for server security bypass

1. Email the admins, they're the only ones who can do anything.

2. As others have stated, a 7 year old is probably very competent witht he comptuer.

3. Maybe your illiteracy appeared to be a hack attempt? Spend less time playing games, and more time studying spelling/grammar?
    Real security doesn't come with an installer.

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    http://antionline.com/showthread.php?t=262839

as you say you are NOT PC savvy, try and work through the tutorial link above
    it will help you to keep your PC as your PC
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

As I said:

1. Find the folder with the game client software in it and note any recent changes to executables, .dlls etc.

2. In a separate folder, download a fresh copy and look for files that are older in the fresh download.
    Also look for anything in the original folder that is not in the one you freshly downloaded, and any new folders dating from say 14 days before the ban.

When you are looking at files in the two folders also check that they are the same size.

Let us know what you find

Ninja Code Monkey
    Quote Originally Posted by nihil
    As I said:

Also look for anything in the original folder that is not in the one you freshly downloaded, and any new folders dating from say 14 days before the ban.

When you are looking at files in the two folders also check that they are the same size.

Let us know what you find

You'll need to keep in mind however that they will differ from day 1 due to the fact that your older install will have logs, cache files, leftovers from previous updates, etc in it's directories.
    "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Erasmus
    "There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from writing bad programs." - L. Flon
    "Mischief my ass, you are an unethical moron." - chsh
    Blog of X

You'll need to keep in mind however that they will differ from day 1 due to the fact that your older install will have logs, cache files, leftovers from previous updates, etc in it's directories.
    That is correct, and there are probably player statistics and login files as well, which is why we would need to see the details.

What we would be interested in are "new" files in the old system, ones that are of a different size, and so on..........

It is a free MMORG but we have spent real money on upgrades and items.
    Thus violating the terms of the EULA?

It is a free MMORG but we have spent real money on upgrades and items
    you're not one of those people who BUY virtual goods on flea-bay for REAL $$££ ??
    which, as Nihil has noted violates the EULA
    Last edited by foxyloxley; September 29th, 2007 at 01:58 AM.
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Ninja Code Monkey
    Quote Originally Posted by foxyloxley
    you're not one of those people who BUY virtual goods on flea-bay for REAL $$££ ??
    which, as Nihil has noted violates the EULA
    You guys are neglecting to notice that the game is free to play but allows purchase of in game items via micropayments directly from the game publisher.

Did you purchase the items from the game publisher themself or a third party? If it was a third party that may be a eula violation and is generally tracked and ends with a ban hammer.

Diff your old with dir with a fresh/updated install and see what's different. Not just names but actual md5's of the files as some games get cranky when you change client art or tweak config files. Files that were changed could be gone already if you've updated the client software.

Any way it goes you need to contact a real customer service entity and not a GM. Game GM's are about as effective and useful as forum moderators...they're generally the low end of the totem pole internet police types. Since they have an e-commerce operation I'd go that route for contacting anyone concerning your account and the money you've spent.
    "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Erasmus
    "There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from writing bad programs." - L. Flon
    "Mischief my ass, you are an unethical moron." - chsh
    Blog of X

My Bad
    but it still made me chuckle

I believe OP said he was not PC techy type, so you might get a question viz a vie MD5's

he may well think it's an advanced music file

Whiny bitch just sent me a PM.

Very nice input you fawking moron. I find a game that me and son can do together and don't spend alotta time doing it. Your response had no valid info. MAYBE you should spend more time fawking off you jerk.
    Real security doesn't come with an installer.

You guys are neglecting to notice that the game is free to play but allows purchase of in game items via micropayments directly from the game publisher.
    Nope, I saw that. However it does raise another issue which you didn't elaborate on. Supposing a legitimate modification was downloaded and failed to install correctly?

Does the game have any update/modification logs?

I still think that you need to look at the existing installation and what should be there.

This company has 176 employees Worldwide, engaged in a varienty of commercial activities. It would not surprise me if their level1 support and service was outsourced. Anyways those people tend to know damn all about the workings of their products. Hence "the only way we know..." comments.

I guess I would just copy my installation to CD/DVD and send it to the technical support guys in Japan.

I would guess that the actual banning was by a bot rather than a real person. That would explain why they cannot give any details?