Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost Password - Need Hack

Lost Password - Need Hack

I basicilly joined this forum to recieve some help from people that may be firmilliar with Hacking Servers and retreiving old passwords.

Here is my issue.

My Aunt owns a business and had her website hosted on a non-traditional server located in someones home. This wasn't a problem up until about a month ago when this person started Editing the Content on the site to benifit them for fraudlent use.

Basically these 2 guys have stolen more then $20,000 from customers that are part of this business.

Here is what I need... (NOTHING ILLEGAL)... I need a ftp Server hacked, I will need all Pages Erased and the .htaccess to redirect to another website. -- This isn't illegal because WE OWN this website. When you email me I can provide the information of the owner so you can verify the Who Is yourself --

I wouldn't be asking except for I cannot figure out for the life of me the login and passwords to this server. I think it is a windows server, since it is hosting a .asp application , but it could be linux. I'm not sure how to tell.

I have been running websites for some time now and I have never heard of such a thing happening until now.

I am not posting the Website address intentionally because I don't want multiple people hacking the pages.

edited by admin: no contact info permitted on the forum, please. Use the private message system for private information.

We would not be able to provide you that information. We have no evidence that you actually are the owner of the site. You may well be, and what you're asking may not be illegal, but before we could be party to it we would need proof that the above premises are true.

If you are the owner of the site and the domain name, then legal channels are the best bet here. Erasing the data from the server will probably yield nothing. It's likely they have backups of the information.

Banned
    In addition to what Joe said -

This isn't illegal because WE OWN this website.
    I wouldn't be so sure about that. If you barge into a hotel room guns drawn to "take back" your "stolen" sports memorabilia, you still end up in jail

Quote Originally Posted by JPnyc
    We would not be able to provide you that information. We have no evidence that you actually are the owner of the site.

If you are the owner of the site and the domain name, then legal channels are the best bet here. Erasing the data from the server will probably yield nothing. It's likely they have backups of the information.
    I'm not sure if these People are really that smart to make backups but you are right. As for providing prof that we own the website that isn't a problem. If needed my Aunt will provide you with her Identification, and you can look up the Who Is...

If no one here is willing to help me.

How might I retrieve my own passwords? Has anyone ever used TSGrind? Or TSCRACK? if So, point me in the right direction on how to use these and I will do it myself.

As of right now we have some disputes out with the World Intellectual Property Organization. I'm not quite sure how long this will take but in the meantime I would like to stop this madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Negative
    I wouldn't be so sure about that. If you barge into a hotel room guns drawn to "take back" your "stolen" sports memorabilia, you still end up in jail

DjM

Negative brings up a good point. It actually doesn't matter if you own the site or not, the fact is you still don't own the server you would be hacking into, and still would be culpable for the crime of hacking. What is the country involved here? Where is the server located? As I said earlier, legal channels are your best bet here. If they are using a domain name that you own, you can prosecute. I would even contact the FBI about it, assuming this is all taking place in the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by JPnyc
    Negative brings up a good point. It actually doesn't matter if you own the site or not, the fact is you still don't own the server you would be hacking into, and still would be culpable for the crime of hacking. What is the country involved here? Where is the server located? As I said earlier, legal channels are your best bet here. If they are using a domain name that you own, you can prosecute. I would even contact the FBI about it, assuming this is all taking place in the USA.
    Actually we have attempted the police but there is actually nothing we can do. Police said although they have taken your money and cashed those business checks this is nothing illegal. They said that because the Name isn't trademarked any person could legally cash those checks, and the bank that cashed them doesn't even have to verify ownership.

As for someone else who isn't authorized using this Server, I'm not sure of the Legal Ramifications that they may be under, but if it is anything like what the Police can do, its... absolutely NOTHING.

And as for the passwork Hack I'm not asking for the entire Server just the FTP site for password Retrieval. I will set up the redirects. - if the guy isn't too smart he probably isn't firmilliar with .htaccess files or webconfig. but he could be, so it might all be just a waste anyway.

The police may not be able to help but this is fraud. The FTC and the FBI would be the places to try. They're not only defrauding you, but from what you've said, customers to the site as well. That's crime, so while the local police might be powerless, other gov. agencies will not be.

AOs Resident Troll
    I would like to add....If you own the domain name...then have the dns record changed to your legit site...Put up a temporary "under construction" until you get a new site created...and you may also want to have a warning about the other site and its fraudulent activities.

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

Quote Originally Posted by morganlefay
    I would like to add....If you own the domain name...then have the dns record changed to your legit site...Put up a temporary "under construction"...
    This would be something I would do if I could get into the Ftp. Unfortunatly the login and password have been changed.