Just to let people know that as of Tuesday, I will be in hospital having an operation to repair my ruptured achilles tendon which will need muscle grafting as the ends have contracted too much to be joined up again naturally. So I haven't abandoned this place, I just won't be around for at least a week. When I come out of hospital I'm going to spend time staying with my Dad as everyone here will be at work and I'll be fairly helpless for a while. It means being off work at least 3 months as I'll be in plaster for that length of time. (The first two weeks will be in a full leg plaster cast.) I've got a lot of muscle wastage in my left calf now, and this will be worse after several months of disuse, so I'll need intensive physio for a few months too.

Still, to look on the bright side - I can curl up and stay in a nice warm bed over the winter months, when it's cold and dark, instead of getting up when the alarm goes at some ungodly hour! Once I'm back here, I'll have even more time to spend on the computer and a good excuse not to hoover and dust the house instead