Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Scary Movies

but I've heard tape recordings and video of stuff that has made me sleep odd before too.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc

Just got done watching Dawn of the Dead... it is at least in my top 10 now ... lot of blood in that one... I managed to acquire a copy of cannibal holocaust, I think I might save that one for tomorrow...
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

Watch it now ! You'll LOVE the tour guide!

rebmeM roineS enilnOitnA steve.milner's Avatar
    28 Days Later is the best I've seen in ages.

Steve
    IT, e-commerce, Retail, Programme & Project Management, EPoS, Supply Chain and Logistic Services. Yorkshire. http://www.bigi.uk.com

I thought that one was pretty good also. I haven't seen 28 weeks later yet... anyone seen it?
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

well, the version of cannibal holocaust I got was in spanish. so I guess I am back to square one on that one...

-HST

Ok, i watched cannibal holocaust last night....
    I did not watch it on a whim, but I must urge people to LISTEN to the warnings. It is a VERY VERY graphic film, to such an extent it seems very real. The animal stuff was real, but the human stuff looked just as convincing, especially considering when it was made. This movie definatly made me think, but also turned my stomache at the same time. I would classify this as Gore instead of Horror, since I think they are different.
    Ron Paul: Hope for America
    http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

They are different. Gore is Splatter, it's what my name comes from. They aren't generally scary and more or less are there to shock. Goes back to Grindhouse days in NY where they played mostly Splatter.

Dawn of the Dead is splatter even though it has also scared people from what Tom Savini said.

I have to admit, I didn't have a problem watching cannibal Holocaust, except the rape scenes, because I can't stand rapists. But he gets what they all deserve in the end.

My Wife watched it with me for the first time, the only thing that bothered Her was the Spider lol.

So you going to watch Cannibal Ferox next? It's a good one too, same kind of movie just add Scarface to Cannibal Holocaust and you have Cannibal Ferox.

rebmeM roineS enilnOitnA steve.milner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by westin
    I thought that one was pretty good also. I haven't seen 28 weeks later yet... anyone seen it?
    It's OK, but it's not as good as 28 days.

I still think it's a good film in it's own right, but the temptation is to compare.

Steve
    IT, e-commerce, Retail, Programme & Project Management, EPoS, Supply Chain and Logistic Services. Yorkshire. http://www.bigi.uk.com

Last night I watched one that ranks high up there:

My Wife bought "Feed the Masses" and it's AMAZING! It has some obvious homage to the original Dawn of the Dead in that it takes place a lot in a news studio with people shooting news, a marine named Roger runs with them when they have to go cover, and the people in the govt are basically saying it's OK it's under control, please act normal and go shopping and whatever else to ignore it and the movie is VERY low budget.

However instead of being the usual low budget Zombie movie, it gives you what you want in a Zombie movie in this class:

There is blood and gore

There is humor (The main guy who shoots film realizes he forgot his pot at home and freaks out, tackles a Hippie Zombie and steals his pot) it's very funny.

And just for WTF value the soldier goes into one of those booths with a stripper where you watch a girl with a news microphone with a dildo attached dance around and when he gets close to finishing he hits a button and a Zombie runs out and bites her neck open and then a big dude comes out with a Chainsaw to finish off the Zombie.

It's weird, it's funny, it's bloody, it's awesome.