Thread: Layer Transparency in IE7

Threaded View

Layer Transparency in IE7

Hello Peoples!

After some years trying to sort things out, I recieved a gift of a computer running Windows XP Professional. After upgrading the thing and setting up all the goodies, I discovered that my website didn't run the way it's supposed to. Not really a new concept. Since the whole problem between Microsoft and Netscape, none of my JavaScripts were running the right way either.

I finally got a chance to get to work, and modified some code I found on Dynamic Web Coding (www.dyn-web.com). It's wonderfully cross-browser except for Opera, and one more thing...

I don't understand what the heck they did with Internet Explorer. They shut off the JavaScript prompts, later on that one, and I can't get a transparent background on my sliding gliding layer menu.

I'm not too worried about the Opera incompatability, but almost everyone who will be looking at my work is using IE.

Example is here.

http://www.captainchicken.com/werk/sliding_layer.html

TIA!
    Capn!

Well, with IE7 I have a whole lot of troubles I didn't have before. I found the answer to the above problem (Tag of allowtransparency="true" in the iframe call.) only to realize I was clicking on the bar that shows up about "blocked content" and allowing it.

Strangely, it seems I can't use valid code that I've used for 10 years, frames, or imagemaps. Searching for answers to that one.

Later...
    Last edited by CapnChkn; October 28th, 2007 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Problem solved