Thread: 70K Myspace passwords hijacked.

Cool 70K Myspace passwords hijacked.

Just a quick heads up, but those with myspace accounts might want to change there passwords, as there have been 70k+ myspace account /passwords hijacked.

The hijacked account information is freely available from here http://de.pastebin.ca/751291

it's a simple javascript a malicious person just needs to load up the .html file, make 2 clicks of the mouse, and they can instantly hijack an myspace account contained in the .rar file.

I have never been a big fan of myspace... some of my friends use it though, I have already let them know to change their passwords. Thanks for the heads up.
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

Well, I came to know about that word right now! I think my dislike for microsoft somehow shows itself on the social side as well!
    "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."

- Albert Einstein

ok, I must admit, my curiosity got the best of me... and I downloaded a couple of the files. I have been very amused just looking at some of the passwords. It seems that most of the passwords contain at least 1 numeral. Does myspace require this? [I cannot bring myself to set up an account. it goes against everything I was brought up to believe] quite a few of them are just dictionary words with the number '1' added to them... I have yet to see a really strong password. granted, we are talking about myspace users here... are there any details on how this was carried out? it seems like I remember seeing that it was a phishing scam somewhere... but to get 70,000 logins just through phishing seems pretty incredible... granted, we are talking about myspace users here... and also, I have been drinking some... so I might have confused a couple of different stories... well, I better go before I post something I regret
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

Hmmmm,

Tonight is the night. The night that MySpace begins to pay for their actions.
    Who has got it in for Myspace, and why?

O i m so sorry that site is banned here

So cannt even try to view that

such a Sob
    Question is not "Why are you Online"
    Question is "Why are you Off line"

Hey this is dangerous stuff man. Some of these people don't know that their accounts have been phished. Some of the accounts' passwords have been changed but those that haven't are still at risk. 70k is just too much, (oh, by the way, I was looking for my brother's account to do a prank on him but couldn't find it) too bad.

Oh, another thing, I won't get into trouble if I just take a peek, right?
    Salmos 23:4 Aunque ande en el valle de sombra profunda, no temo nada malo, porque tu estas conmigo; tu vara y cayado son las cosas que me consuelan.

If you take a peek at the files containing the passwords, probably not. I am not a lawyer, but I am pretty sure that if you log into one of the accounts, you are committing a crime.

-HST