November 2nd, 2007 06:02 PM
Problems with Webcam
For starters, here are the specs on my hardware: [it is an old system, don't laugh ]
- WinXP SP2 fully updated
- 1.3 Ghz Athlon overclocked to about 1.4 or so...
- 2 NTFS partitions, both have plenty of space...
- NVidia MX 440 PCI video card [board doesn't have AGP slot]
- up to date spyware/AV software... I run scans about once a week... sometimes once every two weeks if I am lazy...
- USB 2.0 PCI card ... on board USB is 1.0
Here is the problem... I bought a logitech quickcam about 6 months ago... worked fine... very little delay... not much motion blur... never gave me any trouble with audio syncing... but just recently, out of the blue, it started acting up... The delay is horrible, it takes forever to start the video capture, and the motion blur is ridiculous. I used to record myself playing guitar and harmonica... [big Dylan fan ] and it did fine... sounded and looked great... [if I do say so myself ] ... but now, sometimes it jumps past parts of the audio, like when a record skips forward, the quality is terrible...
Here are the steps I have taken...
- Tried the camera in both the USB 2.0 and 1.0 ports [made no difference]
- Uninstalled the camera [device manager], and all of the software associated with it [add/remove programs].
- Reinstalled from the installation CD, and downloaded updates from Logitech...
- Updated my video card driver [nvidia website]...
- ran all sorts of scans to see if there was some rogue process slowing my system down. [Adaware, Spybot S&D, AVG etc]
- Consulted the pros at AO... I am still waiting to see what results I will get from the last one
If there is any info I have omitted, let me know and I will gladly provide it. I appreciate any help that will be provided...
Edit: I hope I posted this in the right forum, as I am not sure whether this is a hardware issue or something else. If it would fit better somewhere else, by all means move it.
\"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"
By Nokia in forum Tips and Tricks
Last Post: June 12th, 2004, 05:13 PM
By gore in forum Newbie Security Questions
Last Post: December 29th, 2003, 07:01 AM
By Striek in forum The Security Tutorials Forum
Last Post: December 16th, 2003, 08:30 PM
By CS4Life in forum The Security Tutorials Forum
Last Post: June 26th, 2003, 12:02 PM
By tampabay420 in forum Cosmos
Last Post: January 23rd, 2003, 07:37 PM