Tonight after updating my laptop and catching up on a few overdue e-mails, etc., finding nothing worth watching on TV, I poured myself a drink, popped in a CD that I haven't listened to for a while, and started playing Freecell. Everything seemed right in the world until suddenly the music brought tears to my eyes.
( for those that don't know, not that you care, I am a musician ( not noise maker ) at heart , though not by trade. )

I decided to check the Internet to see what the artist ( Douglas Yeo ) was up to nowadays. ( Back in the early days of the Internet I was a member of a mailing list we mutually belonged to. Unfortunately circumstances took me away. ) Back in the day I came to respect this individual, and it appears I still do.

To shorten this, anyone who uses the Internet should, IMHO, read his What Happened to the Internet?

( Anyone claiming or caring to call themselves a musician should also review his site. )

Few if any not being of his generation could understand completely where he comes from, but believe me, he is dead on ! ( Being of his generation aside. )

A computer is a tool. ( that is period! )
Communication is a tool. ( that is period! )
Not all noise is music. ( IBID )
Music is not only a language, ..... an art, ..... it is a universal abstraction, quantified only by its existence !

I wish Mr. Yeo well, hope he finds what he is seeking during his sabbatical , and hope this post will enlighten, educate, and enrich some.

And if Mr. Yeo ever reads this, ... Your pictures are not the man I remember ... you are getting old pal ( though we never met in person ... wish we could have met in person when you were teaching next door! )
I guess I shouldn't look in the in the mirror!