Symantec Endpoint Protection Game

Thread: Symantec Endpoint Protection Game

Smile Symantec Endpoint Protection Game

Yes you read it right!

Symantec have a game to plug their "Endpoint" security product:

http://www.symantecendpointgame.com/...ogged_in=false

It struck me as rather amusing, although I seem to recall that Symantec did gaming software back in the days of Win 3.1x?

Some Assembly Required ShagDevil's Avatar
    Bah. I kept dying. Stupid rookits ate my head.

Back to reality. The real beast in this whole ordeal was migrating from Symantec CE to SEP. Took me 2 full days to configure and connect all the clients properly. For the most part, I'm pleased with SEP. The only major drawback is that my application server (that's hosting the manager suite) has slowed down dramatically. I don't suppose there's a demonic looking Resource Hog character in this game eh?
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his - George Patton

ShagDevil: I've put off upgrading to SEP this year. I'll probably do it sometime in Feb. Though, I have a dedicated server all lined up for the mgt of it. I've been testing the clients though... so far, I've been pleased.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

So how did you score then phish~ ?

I have yet to play. It required registration and I just didn't feel like it...
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Some Assembly Required ShagDevil's Avatar
    phishphreek,
    Although it's heavy on my app server's performance, SEP is a great application. It's much more centralized and offers quite a bit more "bells & whistles". I think some parts were overkill but, I really liked most of the new features.

They also finally put in a system that protects all the Symantec registry keys, folder permissions, processes, etc on both server & client machines. There's much more control over how users access the client end (or can't access the client end for that matter). I think you'll enjoy it but it will take some getting used to. If I find any tricks that make life easier, I'll let you know.
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his - George Patton