Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Distance / Online - Ethical Hacking Courses and Education

Distance / Online - Ethical Hacking Courses and Education

Hi guyz,

Most Suggestive Option

do that job in which u have interest

as where my interest is concern i have interest in hacking and computer security but unfortunately i dont have a good Idea about it well i m located in Dubai and i want to give some online exams and want to study Ethical Hacking or else a good security course

There are many of courses for hacking

if u guyz can help me for the same it would be really great

Thanks and regards
    KK
    Question is not "Why are you Online"
    Question is "Why are you Off line"

m i going to get help in this topic or not

Atleast post saying
    "NO SUGGESTION"

Come one man

Rgds
    KK

Never mind what that man claiming to be Professor Oak says. Get a real academic degree.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMG4Qa4vmOo

KK,

I am not surprised that you have not had much response. The very term "ethical hacking" would put many off responding.

I would not personally recommend any course called such a thing without a very careful examination of the curriculum and syllabus. The very name seems to be aimed at attracting script kiddies, or those with such a mentality. A lot of these so called qualifications are pretty much worthless and are just a scam to get money out of you.

The actual job would be better described as "Security Auditing" or "Security Assurance", and is in no way glamorous. For the most part it is bloody boring, just like all other branches of auditing or quality assurance.

You need to decide where you intend to live and work in the long term, as you will need to get qualifcations that are recognised, and considered desirable, in that part of the World. Otherwise you will just be wasting your time and money.

Perhaps you should look at something a bit more academic and international?

CISSP? I am not saying that particularly impresses me, but I would rather employ one of those than an "ethical hacker"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CISSP

Banned
    EC-Council's Certified Ethical Hacker certificate is pretty popular - http://www.eccouncil.org/ceh.htm

It's exactly the same as EC-Council's Certified Network Defense Architect, but - unlike the CNDA, which can only be taken by US government personnel - can be taken by anyone.

The Wolfman digs the Offensive Security training at:

http://offensive-security.com
    I AM... THE WOLFMAN!!
    The Wolfman's Homepage: http://www.fangtastic.org
    Do you dig the Wolfman?? Sign his Ghoulbook or listen to him Howl

I downloaded a pirated version of it from tpb. I thought it was mildly interesting. It certainly didn't look like something that I would pay for. But then I am ethically challenged anyway :-)
    Only trust Pipe-smoking Penguins.

My comment about curriculum and syllabus was deadly serious.

What you have to avoid is those courses that provide training in lame cracks that are obsolete before you finish shaving in the morning

Another thing to avoid are those training certificates that are hardware platform or application dependent. They have a time stamp, and rapidly become obsolete.

KK seems to want to start out, so my advice is to go for what might seem the less exciting courses that teach you general principles that last a lifetime, or a substantial part thereof.

I particularly say that because from what discussions we have had earlier, it would seem that he is a student with limited resources?

There will be plenty of time to do courses that have a "sell by date" when you have an employer to pay for them, and, more importantly, keep them up to date

O m so glad to get such good reply i think i have got the answer for posting it a lil wrongly but i have got the right reply from all of u!!

Thanks to AO and mumbers

But unfortunately there is one thing which clicks me as i m wont be able to travel all the ways to US for a CEH exams

Nor i can sit here and give as its not seems to be online exams or else a E learning course

and where nihil i concern with the course which u told me that is a very nice exams for a professtionality CISSP but if u can suggest a distance studies for that then it would be great as the best Studies centre would be only professionals and experienced person can tell and those are sitting with AO

I know i m asking a lot from u guyz

But i m a frd in need

Thanks for ur suggestions and my regards to All AO

KK

KK

Start looking here:

http://eacademy.ae/content/subarticles.php?sID=3

Then try a Google search for CISSP............ yes, you will get a lot; so take the "search within results" option down the bottom and try "UAE"

Sorry I cannot help much more, as I see results but neither read nor speak Arabic.