View Poll Results: Do you have IT Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity planning?
- 11. You may not vote on this poll
We have IT DR planning
We have global Business Continuity planning
We have NO IT DR planning
We have NO BC planning
We are evaluating an IT DR plan.
We are evaluating a BC plan
Insurance is good enough
We have another site(s) that will take over
This won't happen to us
Our emergency personnel will protect us
November 17th, 2007, 09:04 AM
IT Disaster Planning & Business Continuity
This is a new forum to discuss what I consider to be a rather ignored aspect of IT security.
Ask yourself: "what would happen if we lost our computing facility?"
You know, a hurricane, typhoon, flood, fire, and so on. It doesn't really matter what sector you are in: school/college, .gov, .mil, .com, .net................
As I have always seen things there are two facets to this:
1. Recovering from an IT specific disaster.
2. Business (organisational) continuity in the face of of a more global disaster.
So, I thought I would post a poll to see what sort of level of penetration and awareness these concepts have.
What I am interested in is basically:
1. Do you have an IT disaster recovery plan?
2. Do you have a global Business Continuity plan?
3. Are they formally documented and disseminated?
4. How often do you test it?
5. Does it involve all areas/departments of your organisation?
6. Has everyone been trained, and do they know what to do?
7. Does it have a budget and contingency reserve fund?
This is a new discussion forum, where I hope that we can share ideas and experiences; so please be patient (and contributive ) whilst it takes shape.
EDIT: Multiple choices are allowed in the above poll
Please note, I have voted for two options because I have multiple clients, some of whom cannot have a global policy........ if your hotel or shop burns down, you cannot expect to have alternative facilities on tap?
Last edited by nihil; November 17th, 2007 at 01:22 PM.
By ISOguy in forum Regulatory Compliance
Last Post: September 27th, 2006, 01:00 PM
By Black Cluster in forum Security News
Last Post: October 10th, 2005, 04:18 PM
By |3lack|ce in forum Other Tutorials Forum
Last Post: June 8th, 2005, 04:44 PM
By sirrahj in forum Miscellaneous Security Discussions
Last Post: February 12th, 2003, 04:55 AM
By Noble Hamlet in forum AntiOnline's General Chit Chat
Last Post: March 17th, 2002, 09:38 AM