Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: im beyond stumped

im beyond stumped

me and a friend have worked on this for close to 3 weeks and we are out of possibilities any suggestions on this cipher??

gmvb, dme ivjfpv ge khnv hu gmv mefpvp lhnvu ge gmvq yb gmvhi qzpgvip,
    dhkk euv wzb khnv hu jivvweq, hu lizxv, zuw pzjv, jei zkk ghqvp.
    jei jivvweq hp gmv ieeg jieq dmhxm aeb xzu lied, pe pgzuw fs jei befi ihlmgp,
    yvxzfpv jivvweq hgpvkj hp wvihnvw jieq sedvi zuw qhlmg,
    jvw yb gmv khjvp ej gmepv gmzg pfsseig hg pe gmvhi xmhkwivu qzb vuaeb hg dhgmefg jvzi.
    gmvpv ziv gmv deiwp ej qb dziiheip sizbvi...

cuexc cuexc. dzcv fs uve!

anyhelp would be appreciated!

and how ya got to your answer would also be helpfull as we are curious on how to do it not just looking for a solution!!
    Last edited by kkannon; November 18th, 2007 at 02:38 AM. Reason: forgot to add something

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    it would help if you gave the source of this text
    also list just what you have aleady attempted ?
    AND the resultant of each ?

when does this homework have to be in by

what reference books have you used to help you ?

have you read Simon Singh's 'The Code Book' ?

as I said, the more you give us, the better the response can be
    at the moment this is it

you gave even less here <----- Clicky
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

what i tried

ok ive tried substitution, caesars, vigenere, railroad, permutation, columnar transposistion, Backwards, Beaufort, Baconian, Bifid (in pieces), Grandpre (in pieces), Quagmire, and i can call my buddy when he wakes up and he can list all the ones i missed night and day we have been working on this with no luck...and its not a school project if i was in school for this i wouldnt have a problem solving it cause id know what i was supposed to do

Hmmm,

they, who refuse to live in the houses given to them by their masters, will one day live in freedom, in grace, and safe, for all times. for freedom is the root from which joy can grow, so stand up for your rights, because freedom itself is derived from power and might, fed by the lifes of those that support it so their children may enjoy it without fear. these are the words of my warriors prayer... knock knock. wake up neo!
    Muhahahahahahahahaha

It took 1.834 seconds

EDIT:

The program is "Decrypto 8.0" a link to the author's site and how it works is here:

http://www.blisstonia.com/software/W...to/howwork.php

Now that you have the message, you should be able to "reverse engineer" the encryption method(s)?
    Last edited by nihil; November 18th, 2007 at 03:27 PM.

Nihil,

Which program did you use to crack the code? Or was it the all-mightly brain of Nihil that cracked the code in 1.834 seconds?
    I AM... THE WOLFMAN!!
    The Wolfman's Homepage: http://www.fangtastic.org
    Do you dig the Wolfman?? Sign his Ghoulbook or listen to him Howl

!!!! you are my hero!!! Nihil for PREZ!!!!

Hi Wolfie~

Decrypto 8.0 It is a very efficient dictionary based cracker. There is a small dictionary, standard and large. I used the "standard" and it came back with only one possible solution............... it can give up to 200!

There is an online and a downloadable................. Windows and *nix versions

The mainpage is here:

http://www.blisstonia.com/software/W...ypto/index.php

Have fun

Very cool. I have a book full of these puzzles. I've already solved about 100 of them, but with this online tool. I'll be able to finish the book in no time!

Nah....the Wolfman wouldn't cheat like that. The point of this book is to be able to do these puzzles manually.
    I AM... THE WOLFMAN!!
    The Wolfman's Homepage: http://www.fangtastic.org
    Do you dig the Wolfman?? Sign his Ghoulbook or listen to him Howl

Hey Wolfie~

I never thought you would cheat. kkannon has obviously worked quite hard on the crypto side, so I thought if I gave him the plaintext content he could reverse engineer it to find the method............ kind of start with the answer and work back to the question.

I consider that to be "interpolative logic" and quite valid

I also think that it serves as a lesson regarding encryption and password choice......... don't use "real" words

Because it looked like a real paragraph and wasn't a rotational cypher I reckoned that a dictionary attack was the best approach.

UPDATE: ok i was able to reverse engineer and found what it was that i was looking for...very cool encryption only wish it had a name...maybe it does and i just havent found any example of it anywhere...but i do have another question...im working on another cipher this time it is based in characters and letters rather than say letters and numbers charcters include (without the quotes lol)".,.,.,.......,..,..,,..,..,,..,.,,,...,,,,..,..,.....,..,...,.,,...,,...,..,....,..,....,......,.....,,......,.,...,,.,......,...,,,."
    at first glance i figured it was a morse code based crypto useing different characters than the normal .- method cause if you look at the pattern you can almost make out what looks like would be a binary based crypto .being 0 and ,being 1 possibly but after working this method it didnt work i may be on the right path but yet again i have never seen a crypto like this before ive seen similar type again morse based but any suggestions on which aspects to try would be helpful maybe im making this too complicated on myself and there is an easier way around it that im not seeing
    Kkannon