Thread: Wow64Process

Wow64Process

I'm trying to install Norton Antivirus 2008 and I'm getting this error message:
    The procedure entry point is Wow64Process could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNAL32.dll

What does this mean? How can I fix this?

Hmmm,

Not seen it before but on the face of it you are trying to run a 64 bit application on a 32 bit system.

Provided that WoW64 and Kernel32 mean what they say?

What operating system is it and what version of Norton 2008?

EDIT: AFAIK WoW64 ships with 64bit versions of Windows and is intended to let you run 32bit applications in a 64bit environment. It doesn't work the other way round.

I think that you might be trying to install the wrong version of Norton perhaps?

OH! and Happy Birthday
    Last edited by nihil; November 30th, 2007 at 03:54 PM.

Just Another Geek
    Quote Originally Posted by nihil
    EDIT: AFAIK WoW64 ships with 64bit versions of Windows and is intended to let you run 32bit applications in a 64bit environment. It doesn't work the other way round.
    Correct I've got XP-x64
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Yeah, that's probably your problem then...wrong version of Norton...

Hi AK~,

That was SirDice confirming the one way operation of WoW64. I wasn't sure as I don't run a 64bit OS at the moment.

We still need to know a few more details from Thager.

Is it really Norton Antivirus or is it the security suite. The antivirus only supports 32bit OSes so it would actually need WoW to run in a 64bit environment. Maybe the file is damaged, missing or on the wrong access path?

The security suite supports 64 bit at least for Vista. So what is the OS, and is it 32 or 64?

I dont think he would have the wrong version of norton... if norton is looking for wow64 then it would be for a 64bit version of windows since that does not come with windows xp 32bit.. Have you had norton installed on the system previously?