Free Registry Mechanic 6

Thread: Free Registry Mechanic 6

Thumbs up Free Registry Mechanic 6

Enjoy!

Link - http://www.computeractive.co.uk/mechanic/index

We’re giving away the commercial version of PC Tools Registry Mechanic 6 , a fully-featured system optimisation utility.

READ THIS FIRST BEFORE PROCEEDING

* When you go to the link below, follow all instructions provided by PC Tools
    * Read the General terms and conditions before downloading, and note that we do not provide any technical assistance or support whatsoever
    * We strongly recommend you back-up any important files on your computer and that you set a System Restore point (for Windows XP or Vista users) before installing the software

Download time may vary depending on connection speed and volume of traffic. Where possible, we advise you try to download outside peak times (peak times are between 6pm-11pm evenings and during the weekend) if you want to improve the speed of your download.

General terms and conditions and license restrictions:

These products are for personal use on only one PC at a time. You may not rent or lease or resell products contained on this download page or use them for public performance.

Neither the supplier nor the publisher (Incisive Media) will accept responsibility for any losses or damage resulting from the use of this software, including loss of profit, damage to equipment, interruption of business data or any other damage direct or incidental.

It is recommended that you back up any programs or data on your hard disk b efore installing this software. No technical support will be provided from eit her the supplier or publisher.

This download offer expires 20/12/2007. The publisher reserves the right to stop this offer at anytime without notice.
    Get them download managers ready and download some freebie's YAAAAY

there has to be a catch in there somewhere...........

why? all of a sudden they should give a product free, for which they have been charging $30 for last so many years.

will give it a shot.

cheers
    baggi
    you are entering the vicinity of an area adjecent to the location.

I guess the catch is that it's a limit time free download, 20/12/2007.

I do wonder if once the time has run out if you are able to keep the program updated or anything.

But other then that i've downloaded and installed on every machine here and putting this tool to good use

O ye men of little faith

There is no catch, it is a straightforward marketing/advertising gambit. That is Registry Mechanic v6.

They have recently released version 7 and this is a promotional exercise. It used to be quite common a few years back.

The logic is that because it is a full version, people will try it. If they like what they see they will possibly buy the latest version. As the free ones are not supported and would be considerably less functional.

People who just get it because it is free wouldn't have bought it, so you aren't losing sales anyway......... people are like that

That is why I have always argued so strongly that the supposed losses claimed by the RIAA, MPAA and the Software Industry in respect of file sharing are grossly overstated.

Although having ranted all that, I suspect that RM7 supports Vista and RM6 does not.

And, as a final cynical thought. By giving a few away, they remove any pressure for offering an upgrade to existing users
    Last edited by nihil; December 8th, 2007 at 04:32 PM.

Only african to own a PC! Cider's Avatar
    COuld have posted this before I paid for Registry Pro ... Ill check it out
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Version 7 was released about a month ago. As I suspected it does have "basic Vista support". Maybe you have the latest?

Wink

I could always just post up a link to the newer version, it's from there website, but you will need to install a crack to unlock it though.

@ teabags,

You are right mate! there are people who would actually do that. The same people who would buy a counterfeit fire extinguisher and forged house insurance?

I think that the average computer user buys tools like that as much for the support entitlement as for the actual product (which they may well not understand fully).

My personal opinion is that it is a good product, particularly as it is now at an excellent price.

Once again, a very good spot and heads up, all props to you.............

Cheers,

Johnno
    Last edited by nihil; December 9th, 2007 at 12:41 PM.