Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ATI 3D RAGE IIC AGP driver support

Only african to own a PC! Cider's Avatar

ATI 3D RAGE IIC AGP driver support

Hi there

ATI 3D RAGE IIC AGP driver support for windows XP Pro - can anyone find an winXp Pro driver. I can only seem to find a 9x/me driver.

If anyone can come up with something out of the hat it would be great.

Thanks.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

For something like that we’d have to go way back! .....

WayBackMachine

Does that help?
    " And maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be" --Miguel Cervantes

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    join Drivershq.com <---Clicky

and run the download they provide
    it will list all your devices, and whether they are good or out of date / non existant

I use them, good results
    but the question has to be WHY THAT card ??

if it's a question of funds, I can relate to that
    but there must be another option ?

I assume the Mo/Bo doesn't have onboard GPX you can initialize ?
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

Heya everyone

Foxy: It is a computer in the office and the mobo only supports 4x. Now the dealers have discontinued AGP cards that support 4x - apparently the cards had two notches on them to support 8x and 4x. Now the cards only support 8x because they have removed the one notch which enabled the cards to support 4x.

If I can find a card that supports 4x AGP I will gladly order it.

And the mobo doesnt have onboard graphics. I dont understand why people dont just upgrade it
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Terribly sorry Cider old chap:

ATI 3D RAGE IIC AGP driver support for windows XP Pro - can anyone find an winXp Pro driver. I can only seem to find a 9x/me driver.
    That would interfere with my quest for the Holy Grail and search for the Unicorn

I would guess that it is an 8 or 12Mb card, and I believe that XP requires 16Mb of graphics?

Look for 32 or 64Mb graphics cards. They should be OK. Otherwise look for 32/64 PCI graphics cards. You don't want PCI Express, but I doubt if you would find one of them with less than 128Mb of DDR

nVidia GeForce 2 or 3, or ATi Radeon 7000/7500 series are what you should be looking for. You will probably have to go online and look in the bargain basements

Nihil: Thank you for all your research. I am just going to tell the boss that its in his best interests to get a new PC and pass this one on to one of my colleagues.

I ran driver detective and it says it has the latest update for the card so I am just going to leave that one in.

However it was requested of me to get a card that is capable of running games on that particular machine such as Need for speed 2: hot pursuit ; enter the matrix etc however when I try run it I recieve "Hardware acceleration is set too low" however it still runs but i dont have the game cd's to test it.

And our server blocks gamecopyworld so I cant really get the no cd crack nor do I want to incase the boss moans
    Albert Einstein

However it was requested of me to get a card that is capable of running games on that particular machine
    That is a pretty ignorant request, there is a lot more to playing games than a video card.

Judging by the card that you have, I would say that the machine is struggling to run XP, let alone games

My personal view is that to play video intensive games on an XP box you need 1Gb of DDR RAM and a processor of 1.5Ghz or better. You also need a video card with at least 64Mb of memory.

If you want to use that box for playing games, take it off your network and install Windows 98SE

You don't need games CDs to test it. Just look up the minimum requirements on Google. Need for Speed 2 requires 32Mb of video memory for a start.

Ahh clever one Nihil Yeah I know - ill sort it out.
    Albert Einstein

Incidentally, what are the rest of the machine specifications?

Now the cards only support 8x because they have removed the one notch which enabled the cards to support 4x.
    No, an 8x card will support 4x, even 2x but the voltages are different. The AGP 3.0 (8x) card will fit in a AGP 2.0 (4x) slot.

You can still get old PCI (standard) and AGP cards, you just have to shop around for them:

http://www.geeks.com/products.asp?cat=VCD

Nihil its the same as the other post - same machine Its a P3 with 512 Ram ...

By the voltages being different, what exactly will the effect be if I use a card with diff voltages?
    Albert Einstein