moxquito that's an interesting concept. The test email I sent to myself did go from the gmail server OK and did have a reply to as whatever address I put in. Before this, I was just trying to alter the address the email was sent from, reasoning it would automatically put that email as the reply to address, but the problem was the yahoo and aol servers not accepting mail from each other's servers, or gmail's.

However I need a longer email to test this and when I get a chance I'll set up yahoo mail with yahoo server settings and try sending mail from the genuine yahoo account but with the reply to address that I want.

I'm sorry it's taken me two weeks to get round to replying to this, unfortunately I was taken into hospital in a coma a week before xmas, and have not long been back home. I'm only now starting to catch up on email I'm afraid. The hospital think I had some extreme kind of reaction to a drug or a mixture of drugs I took, including those prescribed for my arthritis. Anyway, I'm back now, fully recovered