Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hotmail help

Quote Originally Posted by AngelicKnight
    Ah, I was wondering when we'd finally get a "crack hotmail" thread again.

Brings back memories. *tear*
    I know. I haven't seen one on here since I joined; at least there is some difference in this compared to the traditional wannabe or my favorite, wife/mom trying to get into her son/husbands email to see what they are doing =)

unfortunately the bottom line is; it is a free email address! there is no significant reason to get it back. if it was something that you paid for, then I could see the reason you would ask. Then again if it was a email that cost money, they would not ignore you and you would have it back...

This is what you have to do:

[QUOTE][If you cannot access your account, send email from another account to abuse@hotmail.com. In the Subject box, type the line 'PW Verification Info Enclosed' with the following information so that we can verify you as the account holder and reset your password:
    1. Name
    2. Member sign-in name
    3. State, country, and zip code
    4. Phone number
    5. Year of birth
    6. Approximate date you opened the account and the last date you successfully signed in
    7. Your Internet service provider
    /QUOTE]

Well it used to be you could send the email address, along with your password (for security purposes) to SuperHotmailAccountResetBot@hotmail.com, but then you would soon be locked out of your own account, lol....

No, but seriously, Hotmail has had many huge gaping holes in their security and hacking hotmail wasn't so much a fantasy as it was an account hijacking free-for-all. But that was many years ago and today their security is super beefed up. Your biggest opportunities lie in their implementation of new technologies to Hotmail. New technology almost always brings a small cache of backdoors but you gotta use 'em quick cuz they go fast. Kinda like Gmail, not so long ago there was a flaw in their redirect that let you authenticate yourself but be redirected into someone else's account.

But, how long ago did you forget the password? Cuz I see activity on it as recent as 11/6/2007. Hmmmm.... you got some 'splanin to do...
    Last edited by xiphias360; December 19th, 2007 at 06:54 PM. Reason: my Typo Lock button was on :-O

Hmmm,

If he hasn't used it since the 6th November then it will have been suspended due to inactivity for 30 days.

Once that happens the account is useless as they delete any saved mails and refuse to accept incoming ones.

But he has to get in! How is his friend, the former minister of finance in Nigeria going to send him the next installment on how to get loads of free money. Just kidding of course.
    Only trust Pipe-smoking Penguins.

The password recovery mail is being sent to the same account that I am trying to recover the password for. I wonder if there is a way to intercept this mail or even to retrieve it from the mailbox?
    Well that's one way of ensuring that it never works

If the account has been deactivated the mails aren't getting to it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by isildur
    But he has to get in! How is his friend, the former minister of finance in Nigeria going to send him the next installment on how to get loads of free money. Just kidding of course.
    OMG, I just laughed Pepsi all over my keyboard.

I think the account is still active because I created a live "Space" with it and that is still up. (gridburn.spaces.live.com). The last time I logged in was probably around April 2007... gonna give that mailing thing a try and see if they bite.
    Dain Bramaged

Quote Originally Posted by xiphias360

But, how long ago did you forget the password? Cuz I see activity on it as recent as 11/6/2007. Hmmmm.... you got some 'splanin to do...
    That activity was probably due to the numerous attempts at recovering my password and trying to remember what the answer to my sec. q. is. Also I think requesting a password reset mail counts as activity.
    I mean really, what was I thinking when I made the question "what is rock"
    It's just madness I tell you.
    Dain Bramaged

AOs Resident Troll
    Doesnt make sense....

If you havent logged onto the account in 8 months...the account should not be active...

this smells phishy

MLF
    Last edited by morganlefay; December 20th, 2007 at 03:14 PM. Reason: spelling as usual-bad spellers of the world...untie :)
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

I remember reading about hotmail accounts a while ago, and by a while i mean like almost 8 years ago, that the long number letter hash that you see in the address bar when you login to hotmail you can use to get the password from. I pretty much guarantee that this has changed and is no longer relavant, and aside from that I cant remember the website that I read that on, hopefully someone will find it informative, I did.
    LOGIN: yes
    PASSWORD: I dont have one
    "Login Failed"