Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hotmail help

Hotmail help

OK, before I start; I am well aware that what I am about to ask may incur huge flamings and even the wrath of moderators. I only ask that I be given the benefit of the doubt before being banned. - Thanks.

I created a hotmail account once and then forgot the password. I also did not put in an alternative address (stupid I know) and for some weird reason I gave myself the most cryptic security question imaginable. Now I know my chances are slim of ever getting back into my account, but hey I have to try.
    If anyone knows of a way to circumnavigate the system as it were, please let me know.

If you PM me I can provide strong evidence that I am indeed the owner of the account... no really, I can.
    Dain Bramaged

Looking at your previous posts, I wouldn't say that anyone will flame you. Maybe ask a few questions such as:

1) what was this email address used for? I mean it obviously isn't your "main" email or else you wouldn't have forgotten the password.

2)why can't you just make a new one? why is this so important that you can't take the 15 seconds it takes to make a new email address?

3)is this really your email address? =)

I have come to the conclusion that nobody actually knows how to "hack/crack" email addresses! Most people use phising, or social engineering to retrieve the password or list of possible passwords.

Even if there was such a person(s) that was smart enough to crack email accounts, you would either have to pay him, or be his friend. Neither of which is up your alley.

Not to be a ***** about it, but I doubt it highly that you will find anyone here who can/will help you. If I knew how I would do it for you, but unfortunately I don't.

Good Luck in retrieving the Hotmail Account.

I created a hotmail account once and then forgot the password.
    So forget the account then.

Now I know my chances are slim of ever getting back into my account, but hey I have to try.
    Why?

If you PM me I can provide strong evidence that I am indeed the owner of the account... no really, I can.
    So talk to Hotmail then?

okay I lied.

I have tried contacting hotmail, they are ignoring me. I have also registered other accounts, but I like my original one...
    Anyway, I knew it was a serious long shot when I asked.
    The only way I can think this could be done is as follows:
    The password recovery mail is being sent to the same account that I am trying to recover the password for. I wonder if there is a way to intercept this mail or even to retrieve it from the mailbox?
    I am just stumped as to the execution of this plan.

in case anyone is wondering, the address of the account is gridburn@hotmail.com
    Dain Bramaged

AOs Resident Troll
    UMMM

I thought hotmail accounts expired after so many days\weeks of inactivity

When was the last time you accessed this account??

I pretty sure thats why they are ignoring you....there is no account anymore

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

If there is no account anymore wouldn't you be able to re-create one with the same name? I mean if it's gone from their database, what's to stop you?

AOs Resident Troll
    I think they disable the use of the inactive account....thats why there are so many

myemailt01@hotmail.com

with the number as you are unable to recreate the same account within a time period..a very long time period.

although that was many moons ago

I havent tried since...I make sure I log into the freemail accounts every week or so.

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

I seem to remember Hotmail requiring a login at least once every 30 days or so. I use it daily, so I've never run into this problem, but I have some memory of reading that. I don't think there's a way to get back into the account.

Ah, I was wondering when we'd finally get a "crack hotmail" thread again.

Brings back memories. *tear*