Thread: Remove completely from registry

Only african to own a PC! Cider's Avatar

Remove completely from registry

Hi all again

One of my work colleagues has to VNC into work from home as of tomorrow. I just started at this company so I have no idea why they use VNC and not a vpn - Its end of the year and I jsut started here so I do not want to be too forward too soon, if anyone understands that.

Now the problem is she is using VNC Enterprise 4.32 to VNC into the office from home to do support emails etc etc.

Her VNC trial period has finished and for some reason the boss doesnt want to buy the software or something else is going on but I do not ask too many questions so early in the game I know Nihil is going to flame and say open your mouth ! - YES next year

To the point - I need a program that clears everything from the registry for VNC Ent 4.32 so she can then run the trial software again.

I downloaded Absolute Installer

http://www.glarysoft.com/au.html?tag=download

Now I dont know if this sort of program does the job but if someone could point me in the right direction it would be gladly appreciated.

Thank you
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Hmmm,

To the point - I need a program that clears everything from the registry for VNC Ent 4.32 so she can then run the trial software again.
    This is AO, we don't tell people how to do illegal things, particularly as you work for an enterprise, and shouldn't even think about it.

If they are any good, and you do not understand the inner workings of the application, you will not be able to get rid of all the traces anyway.

So, what do you do?

Try telephoning the software company, and tell them that you have just joined your outfit. You have had their software on trial but the person who was previously given responsibility for the evaluation is not IT, and hasn't really done the job properly, so you cannot get procurement authorisation.

Can they give you an extension activation code, so that you can ensure that a proper trial is run this time?

To be perfectly honest with you Cider, I have over 30 years experience in this game, and I have never had a trial extension refused

They want to sell their stuff, and a successful implementation with a guy who knows the product, is just what they are looking for .

I know Nihil is going to flame and say open your mouth !
    Yes, and don't put your foot in it................ are you sure you aren't a rock spider?

Do you own a Musgrave?

Only african to own a PC! Cider's Avatar
    ROFL. Thank once again for a logical reply

And no I aint one ...

And no definately do not own a musgrave
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Oh well, the "youth of today"?

And no definately do not own a musgrave
    The Musgrave, in 7.62x52 (that's .308Win) is a very fine rifle, and I have had excellent results with it at Bisley Camp (like Camp Perry?). Good for 200x to 900x.

It is a South African designed and built rifle............ good for rock spiders with their 1896 7mm Mausers. I do have an 1898 Mauser, built at the Erfurt arsenal in 1908. Put a Schultz & Larsen 1 in 12 twist cut rifled BBL on it, Bishop American Walnut stock............ rebored for the 7.62mm round.......

Otherwise I use a Winchester for the shorts (up to 600x) and a custom (Whittacker) Lee Enfield for 900x~1200x

Beyond that you want a Lite 50

For our North American readers: a "rock spider" is a Boer (Dutch) South African

Nice. I didn't know that you could call them and request a trial extension. Thanks, Nihil

CCleaner will clean out old registry keys that have remained after software was removed.

Quote Originally Posted by nihil
    For our North American readers: a "rock spider" is a Boer (Dutch) South African

I learn sometihing new everyday
    Mad Beaver

Her VNC trial period has finished and for some reason the boss doesnt want to buy the software
    Rant #2 today -- Man I hate these cheap lazy bosses. Tell him you won't do anything illegal for the company. If you get fired for THAT, then you can start some real fun.

That aside, I've worked with VNC for a long time --

1) At my previous company, we installed VNC Free Edition on all user computers. Again, we're back to companies being cheap, because that DEFINITELY is not in accordance with their license policies. But, alas, it worked just fine.
    2) You should be able to clean the registry by hand if need be. Granted I haven't tried it for VNC, but I wouldn't expect it to be that hard to find all the keys associated with it.

But again, don't let him push you into breaking trial or license agreement. Business ethics should never be compromised.

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    jeez, it's an enterprise

just re-image the damn PC, and in 20 minutes you are ready to go
    and if you are fairly fly, add VNC to the image, to make it even quicker to redo

or am I missing something here

and do NOT forget to tell your boss what a cheapskate he is [next year will do]
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

Hi AO's, and Hi Cider,

Hey y dont u try logmein.com

may be that would be helpful in that case

i dont know much about remote excess but i think i have right to suggest

Bye
    Regards
    KK
    Question is not "Why are you Online"
    Question is "Why are you Off line"