Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Possible Port Problem...

I tried bypassing the router and plugging it straight into the modem
    Please tell me you power cycled both the pc AND Modem after moving the patch cable.
    09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0

Yes, I did. doesn't matter much dinowuff because it is a lame question!
    apparently this is a professional site and (what seems to be) networking questions are not professional enough to be considered a decent post. On the other hand old British guys running around flaming people makes this site "shine" with professionalism =)

thanks for your help, but as said before "this subject is closed"
    if you would like to help me out I would gladly take a PM with suggestions

(looking forward to one of those cool little red squares, and a cute comment attached)

OK Cool. I sent you the info you need. btw I once spend two days trying to figure out why a network connection only worked on one laptop. Well two days to discover the home user was swapping patch cable from modem between pc's - I tried to explain MAC addressing and layer 2 - that also failed

We can't allow any discussion of illegal activities such as pirate software etc.. I hope you understand but we have liability issues that we have to constantly beware of

Yea Uh Troubleshooting network connections is not illegal. Well maybe in Iran and China - Who Knows.

If someone were to reply - "Could be the hacked copy" OR "perhaps IM and P2P is blocked"

But to say Who Gives a feck - Well Obviously the OP gives a feck.. That's why he asked.

btw the original post had nothing to do with illegal software, and stating that the OS may be questionable is A BIG HELP IN TROUBLSHOOTING!

So if your going to stand on the We Cannot discuss illegal activities - You need to quit telling people you are a professional security site - and start data-mining your DB, 'cause there's tons of posts; not only dealing with illegal activities, but HOW TO's.

I mean, how the hell are you going to have a discussion on Open redirect or stripping tags if you can't if you can't discuss XSS?

And this post is just a simple network question.

I have to support not only dino's points but also...there is a fundamental difference between discussing potentially illegal activities and endorsing them...if you can only discuss one side of an issue what is the point to discussing either side?

I am delighted to live in the land of the "intelligentsia"

Have any of you thought who now pays for this "Garden of Eden" in which you now dwell?

Well, it isn't your beloved JP knobjockey, is it? (a.k.a "bum bandit")

It is a commercial enterprise that makes its honest living out of advertising.

Do you have an intellectual problem with that?

So you DO NOT support the use of "cracked" or "warez" versions of software that is legitimately sold by an advertiser (read supporter) of this site?

Unless you are a dip$h1t?

Sometimes, I wish that I could type in crayons for some of you. Do what the hell you like in PM and e-mail, but keep it off the front page huh?

Or maybe go to a "Twink" site............... and I wonder who does them?

Nihil are you real or a bot? Do you only scan for words like "hacker", "cracked", "warez", etc and then respond by calling everyone an asshat?

You may want crayons, I on the other hand want a simple question to (I'm now guessing) a not so simple question).

How is troubleshooting a network connection illegal?

For the non bots, or non super human mod's My post was meant to cause discussion. Not flames.

It is a commercial enterprise that makes its honest living out of advertising
    I guess that about sums it up. In all deference nihil advertisers may pay for this site but members allow it to exist at all...I'd like to see which this site could afford to lose...don't think it'd get many advertisers without any members...it's the members that allow the advertising to exist at all.

I didn't say it was without a doubt an illegal activity. If I knew for certain that it was I would've closed the thread. I was just mentioning it in response and explanation of what nihil posted. My function here is not to accuse anyone of anything, merely to provide information.