Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: IBM T60 - No Sound, only rare beeps.

IBM T60 - No Sound, only rare beeps.

Can someone please help walk me through the steps to get my sound back, it sounds like such a quick fix, but someone please help me

I'm assuming the beeps are comming from the mother board speaker not your sound card. so a couple questions need to be answered.

1. What OS are you running?
    2. Have you checked to see if the drivers are installed?

If the drivers are not installed... then thats the reason.

by the way welcome to AO
    LOGIN: yes
    PASSWORD: I dont have one
    "Login Failed"

Ah, I have so been through this. I posted a thread on this no more than a month ago.

Given that it's a T60, it's going to likely boil down to only a few possibilities:

1. Hit the Lenovo support site and download Thinkvantage System Update. It will check for any missing drivers.
    2. Also make sure you have the Windows XP (if you're running XP) hotfix for T60 audio. Speakers won't work without it. Thinkvantage System Update should automatically list it as an available download. It has to do with a problem with your particular Intel chipset.
    3. If that doesn't do it, check the sound buttons on the laptop itself (located to the right of the Esc key) and make sure it's not muted. Note, however, those buttons won't work unless you have the software installed for them.
    4. Make sure the speakers are plugged into the motherboard. The speakers are located at the front-lower end of the laptop.

If it's under warranty, call support. Has sound worked before? What was the last thing you did before losing sound?

By the way, it's a really bad idea to have your e-mail address as your username. You're begging for spam.
    Last edited by AngelicKnight; January 4th, 2008 at 05:12 PM.

Ah, I have so been through this. I posted a thread on this no more than a month ago.
    I thought the title looked familiar I'm already getting into weekend mode so am not paying much attention at the moment
    "Login Failed"

Yep, if you want to see a real T60 sound nightmare, check out this thread.

Sound has worked before, I been thru IBM, I've installed every driver I can think of, lol, I did all of that, at the bottom of my screen on the toolbar it says, no soundMAX audio present, every thing is plugged up right, all I did was: when I got the laptop it had XP on it, I decided to buy Vista(big mistake bc it blows), so I didn't like vista and I took it to the guy that always does my computer work and he got XP back on there and all the old stuff, BUT he couldn't get the sound to work, and he's already been here asking for help too. There is no warranty on this laptop, I bought it from ebay over a year ago. Any other suggestions? Thanks for everyones help on this.

Hi Guys, and welcome to potterdood,

Yep, an immediate sense of deja vu there

Mind you, potter~ did say "get my sound back" whereas it seemed like the machine AK was looking at never had it in the first place?

I suggest that you follow the suggestions so far and look at the other thread, then get back to us with any results.

Remember to try the headphones outlet test

Yes, answer each of the numbered questions I asked you in the other thread. Whatever answers those yield should give us a clear idea of what's going on. You still haven't tried all my suggestions.

Also, this is going to get confusing FAST with you bouncing back and forth between the two threads. Let's pick a thread and stick with it.

AngelicKnight, we have the same problem, did yours get corrected? I have a blue box at the bottom with a red thing on it, the red thing is the no symbol, like no smoking etc... and it says No SOUNDMAX audio present, ever see that before?

It means you system isn't seeing the device. Did you follow ALL the steps that were gone through on the previous post? If you have the post the finding to those results.
    "Login Failed"