Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: redirecting ip address in windows

redirecting ip address in windows

i need to force a ip address to point to a different one on my windows box.

more specifically, i need x.x.x.x:z to connect to 127.0.0.1:z
    127.0.0.1:z is port forwarded to x.x.x.x:z though ssh

im doing this becuase i am inside a VERY restricted firewall, the university i go to has almost all ports blocked. i have a ssh sever set up at my parents house and i dont need help with seting up ssh portwarding. i just can not figure out how to make all traffic headed towards a certain ip go through my tunnel

Nope, we don't do that on this site, we are actually against your sort.

im doing this becuase i am inside a VERY restricted firewall, the university i go to has almost all ports blocked.
    Then I would suggest that you learn to live with that before you get rusticated or sent down.

Perhaps you should get your zitty face away from a keyboard for a moment and try an English Language course?

i should be I, when one is speaking in the first person; becuase is because....... don't you know how to activate spellcheck?

Go on, I dare you, piss with your university firewall, piss with your IT admins............ better apply to your local council right now for a job throwing trash.

You do not even understand the first principles of security my young friend, so please be very careful. The admins will be monitoring, and will see any attempt to circumvent the system. They will see the traffic and the packets (if they want)............ you will stand out like a sore thumb..........

OK, I am 57 years old and don't know nuthin?

Just listen to grandpop my son, because I have been there?

Just Another Geek
    Man ssh... More specifically the -R option..

Have fun flipping burgers...
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Question

Why not just talk to the Admins, and see if a compromise can be made, i take it that they are blocking stuff that you would like access to?

I'm sure that when you signed up you would of signed some sort of a contract that you would not attempt to fiddle with IT related stuff.

So unless you want a stain on your record then i'd just ask. The most that they can say is "No".

And Johnno, i carn't stop giggling while reading your post.

Well lets see. First set up your virtual network adapter. A common mistake is users forget to Disable NetBIOS over TCP/IP.

Next set up your tunnel. Me I prefer running OpenSSH on a Samba Server (That would be your home box) and using Putty as my SSH client as it supports port forwarding.

The biggest issue will be configuring and maintaining OpenSSH and Samba

Oh and considering your environment make sure you install KB884020

Enjoy.
    09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0

Quote Originally Posted by nihil
    Nope, we don't do that on this site, we are actually against your sort.

Then I would suggest that you learn to live with that before you get rusticated or sent down.

Perhaps you should get your zitty face away from a keyboard for a moment and try an English Language course?

i should be I, when one is speaking in the first person; becuase is because....... don't you know how to activate spellcheck?

Go on, I dare you, piss with your university firewall, piss with your IT admins............ better apply to your local council right now for a job throwing trash.

You do not even understand the first principles of security my young friend, so please be very careful. The admins will be monitoring, and will see any attempt to circumvent the system. They will see the traffic and the packets (if they want)............ you will stand out like a sore thumb..........

OK, I am 57 years old and don't know nuthin?

Just listen to grandpop my son, because I have been there?
    Well I apologize my incorrect use of the English language upset you, I was not aware that I was writing a term paper. The university i go to is small and I dont have a very high opinion of the IT department. If they do detect me I would actually be happy, as that would mean they knew what they were doing. What I want to do is not a security risk in anyway, the school I go to is a private christian school and someone decided that online gaming is from the devil. I can accept that they block most of the games I have enjoyed over the years; going to this school was my choice. I only wish to play on a private sever that one of my friends runs. I am not new to the world of security, and I usually much prefer to figure things out then ask, but I have ran out of ideas, and came here with a simple question. I just would like to know if there is a way to redirect an ip address to another one from inside windows.
    Last edited by 80808; January 8th, 2008 at 08:42 PM.

You could just connect to his network through a VPN...

I think what he's trying to say is that he's already setup something for port forwarding but he doesn't know how to get the game connected to his daemon.

My dear brother in Christ 80808,

Please forgive me for being judgemental. I am afraid that we do get a number of "Skiddies" come to this site, and their intentions might be questionable?

I always advise caution in an institutional or business environment because there will be other security measures in place, apart from the one that is blocking you.

Please feel free to use our PM (Private Messaging) system to contact me and my wife if you feel the need.

and someone decided that online gaming is from the devil.
    Hmmmm, no, it is not.....

Yours in Christ,

Johnno

AOs Resident Troll
    I suggest the OP suck it up...or get his own internet access...

that way he can do whatever the fook he wants??

MLF
    Last edited by morganlefay; January 9th, 2008 at 03:42 PM.
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer