January 9th, 2008, 03:09 AM
Viruses We'd Like to See
* BOBBIT VIRUS: Removes a vital part of your hard disk then reattaches it. (But that part will never work properly again.)
* OPRAH WINFREY VIRUS: Your 10GB hard drive suddenly shrinks to 1GB, and then slowly expands back to 10GB.
* AT&T VIRUS: Every three minutes it tells you what great service you are getting.
* MCI VIRUS: Every three minutes it reminds you that you're paying too much for the AT&T virus.
* PAUL REVERE VIRUS: This revolutionary virus does not horse around. It warns you of impending hard disk attack---once if by LAN, twice if by floppy.
* POLITICALLY CORRECT VIRUS: Never calls itself a "virus", but instead refers to itself as an "electronic microorganism."
* RIGHT TO LIFE VIRUS: won't allow you to delete a file, regardless of how old it is. If you attempt to erase a file, it requires you to first see a counsellor about possible alternatives.
* ROSS PEROT VIRUS: Activates every component in your system, just before the whole thing quits.
* MARIO CUOMO VIRUS: It would be a great virus, but it refuses to run.
* TED TURNER VIRUS: Colorizes your monochrome monitor.
* ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER VIRUS: Terminates and stays resident. It'll be back.
* DAN QUAYLE VIRUS: Prevents your system from spawning any child process without joining into a binary network.
* DAN QUAYLE VIRUS #2: Their is sumthing rong wit your komputer, ewe jsut cant figyour out watt!
* GOVERNMENT ECONOMIST VIRUS: Nothing works, but all your diagnostic software says everything is fine.
* NEW WORLD ORDER VIRUS: Probably harmless, but it makes a lot of people really mad just thinking about it.
* FEDERAL BUREAUCRAT VIRUS: Divides your hard disk into hundreds of little units, each of which does practically nothing, but all of which claim to be the most important part of your computer.
* GALLUP VIRUS: Sixty percent of the PCs infected will lose 38 percent of their data 14 percent of the time. (plus or minus a 3.5 percent margin of error.)
* TEXAS VIRUS: Makes sure that it's bigger than any other file.
* ADAM AND EVE VIRUS: Takes a couple of bytes out of your Apple.
* CONGRESSIONAL VIRUS: The computer locks up, screen splits erratically with a message appearing on each half blaming the other side for the problem.
* CONGRESSIONAL VIRUS #2: Runs every program on the hard drive simultaneously, but doesn't allow the user to accomplish anything.
* AIRLINE VIRUS: you're in Dallas, but your data is in Singapore.
* FREUDIAN VIRUS: Your computer becomes obsessed with marrying its own motherboard.
* PBS VIRUS: Your programs stop every few minutes to ask for money.
* ELVIS VIRUS: Your computer gets fat, slow and lazy, then self destructs; only to resurface at shopping malls, service stations and fast food joints across rural America.
* OLLIE NORTH VIRUS: Causes your printer to become a paper shredder.
* NIKE VIRUS: Just does it.
* SEARS VIRUS: Your data won't appear unless you buy new cables, power supply and a set of shocks.
* JIMMY HOFFA VIRUS: Your programs can never be found again.
* KEVORKIAN VIRUS: Helps your computer shut down as an act of mercy.
* IMELDA MARCOS VIRUS: Sings you a song (slightly off key) on boot up, then subtracts money from your Quicken account and spends it all on expensive shoes it purchases through Prodigy.
* STAR TREK VIRUS: Invades your system in places where no virus has gone before.
* HEALTH CARE VIRUS: Tests your system for a day, finds nothing wrong, and sends you a bill for $4,500.
* GEORGE BUSH VIRUS: It starts by boldly stating, "Read my docs....No new files!" on the screen. It proceeds to fill up all the free space on your hard drive with new files, then blames it on the Congressional Virus.
* CLEVELAND INDIANS VIRUS: Makes your Pentium machine perform like a 286/AT.
* LAPD VIRUS: It claims it feels threatened by the other files on your PC and erases them in "self defense".
* CHICAGO CUBS VIRUS: Your PC makes frequent mistakes and comes in last in the reviews, but you still love it.
* ORAL ROBERTS VIRUS: Claims that if you don't send it a million dollars, it's programmer will take it back.
ALWAYS wear protective eyegear.
January 9th, 2008, 09:30 AM
The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
January 12th, 2008, 02:19 AM
January 13th, 2008, 12:45 AM
This is an Oldie, but is always a welcome goodie.
haven't seen it in ages, will add it to collection of goodies.
By djhuk in forum Newbie Security Questions
Last Post: October 13th, 2004, 07:26 PM
By Spyder32 in forum The Security Tutorials Forum
Last Post: September 4th, 2004, 12:23 AM
By hellforgedangel in forum Newbie Security Questions
Last Post: April 29th, 2004, 11:58 PM
By foxdie in forum AntiVirus Discussions
Last Post: April 4th, 2004, 03:52 AM
By emrys in forum The Security Tutorials Forum
Last Post: June 25th, 2002, 03:52 PM