I read Mark Ludwig's "The Giant Black Book of computer viruses" a few years back. However it is obsolete now and there is no book to fill its place. Although there are good books on writing rootkits, there's no book that focus on writing computer viruses and worms (There is one by springer but it only touches the surface).
There are some books like "Malware-Fighting Malicious Code" by Ed Skoudis and "The Art of Computer Virus Research and defense" by Peter Szor, but both are on the defensive side.
I think its high time someone should write a book on the offensive side of computer virus research. I've started to write one that will focus on both windows and Linux platforms.

Please give me your opinion on the following points-

1.What should be the scope of the book (tell'em'all or just show them the way and leave them to research further). I prefer the tell'em'all approach.

2.Should the book be based purely on assembly language only or there should be some HLL(c/c++) code in it. Again I prefer the assembly language paradigm since it is almost impossible to do many things in HLL.

3.Should I write such book at all ?

Any other suggestions are welcome.