Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AO Newsletters

Only african to own a PC! Cider's Avatar

AO Newsletters

Hi all

I have the AO newsletters on my machine at work but I cant seem to find a post concerning them

Just wanted to ask why dont they come out anymore as I found them most informative - or do they come out still and im being a n00b!

If they do not come out anymore I understand that it takes alot of people to put together one.

Just a thought ...
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    They haven't come out in a while. The answer is simply that I haven't received articles. When I put the last request out for articles I think I got one in a 3 month period. I tried extending the deadline but that made no difference.

So... no new ones. I would be more than glad to start it up again but I'll need more than one article (ideally, I need 5+)
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Are we talking monthly? I'm sure we could organise 5 articles in a month
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

What kind of articles? Obviously security, but maybe give us some examples of previously used ones?

5 articles a month?? LOL.. I was lucky if I got 2-3 over a 3 month period. At this point, anything would be acceptable as long as it meets the following criteria:

1. It's not published elsewhere or already here. Original work is preferred to be in the magazine and it can be published afterwards -- I just don't want the surprise let out too soon.

2. Pretty much anything that is tied to security would be ideal although I'll stretch it to anything computer related.

If I got 5 articles by end of February 2008, 500-1500 words each, I'll push out the next Insight. But the trick is to have regular submitters. To ensure even 6 publications over the course of a year that means about 20-30 active writers. Not as easy as it sounds. If you are interested, contact me directly at lyne.bourque [at] gmail.com
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head

Hmm - I dont think I am too "experienced" though. That is the problem.
    Albert Einstein

Is there somewhere that you have to sign up to recieve this newsletter?
    ALWAYS wear protective eyegear.

Nope. Take a look at my signature for the link to the newsletter.

No,

You download them from here:

http://www.antionline.com/newsletter/

Well, since I got a whole 0 number of articles again, there will be no newsletter. Seriously. The newsletter would be done as a compilation of those willing to put in an hour or two every month or so to write an article (obviously a little longer if it's a tutorial but you get the idea). It doesn't happen out of thin air.

So... until I start getting articles (cuz I ain't writing them all), it ain't happening. And don't let the fact that you're new bar you from writing something. Time here doesn't denote ability to pass knowledge to others. It's just another set of numbers beside your name.