Linux Duplicate pings

Thread: Linux Duplicate pings

Thumbs up Linux Duplicate pings

I am just wondering if anyone has seen duplicate ping in Linux? I investigated a little bit and found that i get duplicate ping only from the DMZ range where the Linux box is and to one other specific range on across the VPN. I made sure that all interfaces on routers and firewalls have correct ip addressing and they do not have a broadcast IP. Any ideas are welcome. I also checked routing and everything is routed as it should be? Where could a problem be?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "If I'd asked my customers what they wanted, they'd have said a faster horse." ~ Henry Ford

Sounds like the VPN configuration could be pooched. Be sure you aren't pinging the broadcast ip of the range across the VPN.

And what do you mean by
    Quote Originally Posted by bAgZ
    they do not have a broadcast IP
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Definitely sure i that i am not pinging broadcast i checked and rechecked ranges assigned. There is about 4 different ranges that get traversed. My dmz is a 10.84.1.33/27 then it hits a next range 10.84.1.2/27 and then few routers and eventually when i ping 10.84.32.0/19 everything is good until i start pinging a sub range 10.84.48.0/24 then i get duplicates. This only happens on Linux. As soon as i NAT the machine in to come from 10.84.1.2/27 it looks good. So there seems to be a problem with dmz and 10.84.48.0/24. Weird but routing is 100%, between the two initially i thought there was a loop somewhere. Any ideas?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "If I'd asked my customers what they wanted, they'd have said a faster horse." ~ Henry Ford