Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Properly Testing a Hard Drive

Downloading it now Nihil.

keezel,

My warning applies to what used to be available from Hiren's site and still is from warez sites. Sure it is legal if you have licences for the software and you can also add other licenced applications to it. Trouble is that you never know what you are getting from warez sites

The "construction kit" for making your own still seems to be there....... about 378Kb?

My reason for preferring UBCD is that it is more up to date, so takes less effort to create and maintain a current version. I am lazy like that

We are licensed to use literally everything that requires a license on HBCD.
    I wonder? IIRC Hiren's also contains so called "abandonware" which is still copyrighted and you cannot get a licence for it. OK a technicality, I know but still there nonetheless.

It will very much depend upon where in the World you live, but over here we have software audits, and I would not want to be an employee who brought unauthorised or unlicensed software onto the site.

That is what I meant about "workplace".................... not the potential damage that a malicious individual might cause with the applications.

Only african to own a PC! Cider's Avatar
    I am also busy downloading UBCD and going to test it here at work. Thanks again Nihil
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

since it all comes down to what you like/can get away with... I like HBCD for the massive amount of programs it comes with, but UBCD just looks and feels more "legit"...

just my two cents... let us know what you find out about that HDD.