Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Not killbox, but...

That's not a good sign...Ok, that narrows down our choices.

Have you tried BartPE yet? That'd be by next course of action.

If that doesn't work, do a Windows repair install.

Cool thank you

not yet but I guess I'll try now thanks

Unhappy Frustrated

I am so frustrated because I don't kn0w how to use that PE builder or whatever and also I lost all of my audio drivers so I had to spend the last 3 hours trying to recover those, which I still haven't.

I appreciate your help a lot though, but I wish there was a way that this mess can just be cleaned up somehow with the wave of a magic wand.

Jus dunno where to begin...

Google a bit on BartPE. It's MUCH easier to use than it looks, really. I used it for the first time maybe a month ago, was able to figure it out within an hour after doing some research. Basically the steps:

1) Have a valid Windows install package handy.
    2) Convert it with BartPE.
    3) Burn to disk.

Now there are more details to it than that, but you can read up on it and figure out the rest.

Why is it taking so long to recover drivers? Are you going to the hardware manufacturers' sites and downloading the latest versions?

Also, I'd worry about the drivers last. As long as you can boot into the thing somehow, work on the infection first. If you can't fix that, working on drivers is nothing but a waste of precious hours.

Unfortunately, you're beyond a quick easy fix. The only quick fix is to backup and reinstall Windows.

Do you see the process (mdelk.exe) running in task manager?

Cheers:

/edit
    As well, I found this, it might be worth a try:

http://www.theeldergeek.com/delete_undeletable_file.htm
    Last edited by DjM; January 21st, 2008 at 11:03 PM.
    DjM

Good news kinda

ok i have good news kinda I was able to not only delete that file but also delete other things that came up on xoftspy as well as spyware doctor. I played around with 2 programs one was called Un h-a-c-k Me 4.6 Build 285 by Greatis Software and another one called RegRun Reanimator 5.6.5.930

Don't ask me how I did it, but all the obvious remnants of the virus seem to be gone for the time being. The only concern I have was that my IP had changed since what it was 2 days ago for some reason.

The only other stupid thing I did was accidentally delete my audio drivers in with that Reanimator program, so the virus didn't cause it, it was human error.

I visited a live tech at HP and they referred me direct downloads for the audio drivers, but I am still amiss on that thus far.

It's been quite a long tiring day off from work spent on recovering from a massive virtual computer depletion right before my very green Irish eyes, and I want to extend my thanks yet again to you guys for taking the time to help.

I hope that whatever I did is a solid enough resolution for your closure on this virial worm issue, yet I still am challenged by getting my audio drivers back and I'll even give an LOL for that...
    Last edited by isle_of_infamy; January 21st, 2008 at 11:34 PM.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by DjM
    Do you see the process (mdelk.exe) running in task manager?

Cheers:

/edit
    As well, I found this, it might be worth a try:

http://www.theeldergeek.com/delete_undeletable_file.htm

Awesome I will use that concept should I need it again (hopefully not) in the future... thank you I bookmarked it...

Ok, fixing drivers should be relatively simple.

What kind of hp do you have, and what all are you missing drivers for?

Cool Not as simple as I thought

I spoke with a tech help person earlier, and was instructed to download sp26792, & sp33566 audio drivers for my COMPAQ PRESARIO SR2020NX, however even after I installed them, I am still without an audio device.

Winamp gave me error message
    Bad DirectSound driver Error code 88780078

Then the tech told me to install this
    ftp://202.65.194.212/pc/audio/WDM_R184.exe

Still no luck

Audio Drivers

k here's what I did for COMPAQ PRESARIO SR2020NX
    XP Home Edition

Fall 2006 Original Realtek High Definition Audio Drivers
    Download sp26792
    ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/softwar...-1/sp26792.exe
    ========================================================
    Universal Audio Architecture UAA High Def Bus Driver
    Download sp32646
    ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp32501-33000/sp32646.exe
    Universal Audio Architecture UAA High Def Bus Driver
    ========================================================

It told me in order to install 26792 that I needed UAA first, but even after I installed the UAA it gave me the same message so I dunno why it isn't working plus also it is next to impossible to uninstall the realtek high def drivers even if I wanted to.

Frustrated again...