Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tech Magazines

Current tech related magazines- I also buy and read 2600 every quarter. I do it partly to support them. I am a bit of a libertarian and so support some of their editorial content (I always feel like I am tweaking the nose of the MAN (odd for a fairly conservative person)). I also read Linux Journal and MacLife each month (usually while swilling down coffee at B&N) without paying.
    Only trust Pipe-smoking Penguins.

I read 2600, and have for a while. I also read wired. ... I wouldn't say 2600 is all bad... some of the articles are kind of pointless, but you do find some really good stuff in there... I especially like the letters section. I can see why some people wouldn't like it though.

delstar that is a valid point, but my wife doesn't like it when I take the computer in the bathroom with me...
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

Only african to own a PC! Cider's Avatar
    delstar that is a valid point, but my wife doesn't like it when I take the computer in the bathroom with me...
    LOL! Too true.
    Last edited by Cider; January 24th, 2008 at 06:56 AM.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

delstar that is a valid point, but my wife doesn't like it when I take the computer in the bathroom with me...[/QUOTE]

I actually don't read magazine's while I'm on the throne, instead I like to AO,

About 90% of my AO posts are done in the *fart* privacy of my bathroom.

Anyhow...back to work... *fart*
    I AM... THE WOLFMAN!!
    The Wolfman's Homepage: http://www.fangtastic.org
    Do you dig the Wolfman?? Sign his Ghoulbook or listen to him Howl

Quote Originally Posted by westin
    That's what laptops are for.

I have found that I have tired of hardcopy. It seems that I pay for a subscription only to see more ad's versus actual content. Give me online any day but I prefer getting whitepapers on specific topics versus website content. I am always concerned with bias. It seems that the almighty $ still will influence reviews so I generally stick with sites that are reporting NOT reviewing. Then if I need more info, google is right there. There are a lot of "facts" available but getting the truth is more difficult.
    Epithath: What lies here beneath is just the shell, just the nut is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by delstar
    That's what laptops are for.

Santa Claus brought me an iPod Touch for Christmas and I have found it to be a great device for bathroom web browsing. I am not sure I would want a laptop sitting on my lap at that point in time.
    Only trust Pipe-smoking Penguins.

Banned
    I am a bit of a libertarian and so support some of their editorial content (I always feel like I am tweaking the nose of the MAN (odd for a fairly conservative person)).
    What ever helps you feel like you're rebellious and nonconforming, I guess.

I think people have things backwards. There hasn't been anyone close to a true conservative in the office since the sixties. Most of the people in Washington are dangerously far to the left of anything just and right in this country.

I like magazines because they do show you things you might not search for online, and because I can take them into the restroom with me easier than a desktop.