Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: somebody really annoying me

09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0

Some Assembly Required ShagDevil's Avatar
    there's a big difference between being sarcastic and calling someone an pr-ck
    If the end result of SirDice's sarcasm even remotely implied or insinuated that Mox was an idiot (in any capacity), I fail to see the difference between me calling him a pri-ck for being rude and him implying someone else was an idiot.

Is calling someone a pri-ck for being rude worse than calling someone an idiot?
    As I see it, SirDice implied Mox was an idiot, I called him a pri-ck for being rude for no reason.

You...not Dice...took it to the next level
    Again, I beg to differ with your conclusion. There's no blinders here. And even with SirDice admitting being rude, you still feel his actions were justifiable based on speculation that I'm "too sensitive".
    Or maybe, I just have the fortitude to confront a regular in a forum where favoritism has allowed condescension to permeate throughout threads, time and time again with little or no consequence.
    Last edited by ShagDevil; January 30th, 2008 at 06:36 PM.
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his - George Patton

Just Another Geek
    Shag.. You misunderstood me.. Again..

I wasn't admitting I was rude because I wasn't. I was merely stating that because I usually give short and to the point answers or comments some might not consider that polite. So be it, I'm too old to change that.

Maybe next time keep in mind that for some of us English isn't a first or even second language. Which in turn means I cannot express myself in a similar manner to yours. I consider my English pretty good but I do struggle to find the right words to express my feelings or ideas. Perhaps you should try to express yourself in Dutch or any other language besides English? See how well you do...

AFAIK Mox wasn't offended.. You are and you are definitely offending me. So STFU about it and really do move on...
    Last edited by SirDice; January 30th, 2008 at 06:40 PM.
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I don't see where you get from this

don't know how moxquito came to that conclusion but 62.68.76.210 originates in Greece. Last time I checked Amsterdam was still the capital of my country
    that Dice was saying anyone was an idiot...that is a fundamental problem with the internet during written communication...often times the intent is mis-construed...
    I take that statement to mean...' I live here so I should know ' you take it to be an insult...

it would take a lot more than that for me to feel insulted...so yes, I do believe you are being too sensitive...you're reading far too much into that statement.

A lot of people I find on the internet take offense far too easily...turn simple statements of fact not worded just so and blow them all out of proportion.

You think that's not the case here...but look at what has transpired as of the result of that one statement...

then tell me this is OK.

EDIT: I see Dice has already emphasized my point.

Some Assembly Required ShagDevil's Avatar
    then tell me this is OK
    None of this is OK. This is just a waste of time and energy that I would prefer to see end. There are obviously varying opinions all of which we feel have a solid foundation. I felt that Mox was insulted (not me) and was stepping up in his defense. This however was not the case at all. (see below)
    I was merely stating that because I usually give short and to the point answers or comments some might not consider that polite.
    Fair enough. I was hastily judgmental and assumed you were displaying bad habits of some other arrogant regulars I've seen over the years.

However, this is not the case. You happen to word things differently than I'm used to and your last post explained it much more clearly. I'm guilty of assuming you had malicious intent when there was none. My conclusion was incorrect and I apologize for that.

If possible, I would like to end this debacle I've created and move on to greener pastures.
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his - George Patton

OK...I'm definitely impressed.

WTF No more IMG Tags?
    09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0

There never was any that I remember...even on the old site...you always had to link to the picture...
    Last edited by Egaladeist; January 30th, 2008 at 07:29 PM.

AOs Resident Troll
    Thats not true...

You could upload images and other files into threads....and they would be linked also in your profile

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

Just Another Geek
    Yes, I probably word things differently to what you're used to..
    Seems to come with the territory, the internet being a global thing

Apology accepted and my apologies for not being clear enough.
    I'll try to work on that but don't get your hopes up to high
    I'm just a to the point person. There's nothing malicious about my intentions though. Never was and never will.
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.