rundll error

Thread: rundll error

rundll error

When I boot my computer up Iím getting this error message "Error loading C:\WINDOWS\system32\sxaxqnms.dll". I'm positive that this has to do with a recent spyware problem. To clean up the spyware I ran both ad-aware and spybot. The scans are now coming up clean but this error is still around. My next step was to type the sxaxqnms.dll into Google to gather more information on it, but the Google results did not come up with anything. So if anyone has information on what this dll is it would be a great help.

Note: I'm running Windows Xp Professional

Yeah that would be from malware. You should probably run hijackthis and remove the remnants from your startup

Definitely malware, and if it's the same I encountered not too long ago (the filename pattern seems familiar), then it's going to take more than hijackthis and basic cleanup to get rid of it. I can't remember all the details (I wasn't the one that first started working on it), but I do recall that there were several other dll's installed, at least one of which was impossible to delete as it was, but allowed me to move it somewhere else and then delete it (after a reboot) Anyhow, good luck with that.

Also, stop installing malware on your computer. That makes me a sad panda.

I dont think he did it on purpose.

I don't keep any antivirus on my computer. The only firewall I have is on a cheap front-end router. I browse the darkest corners of the internet.

It's been years since I've had any sort of infection (other than one's I've intentionally done on VM's to figure out how to rip them out..practice of perfection makes perfect and all). It doesn't take being 'computer literate' to avoid malware. It barely takes being literate. It is in my personal opinion that people that are that blantantly negligent are being so on purpose. So, through proxy, they are purposely installing malware.

Computers aren't toys. They're tools. Everyone likes to use cars as an analogy for computers, so here's one for you : if I didn't know how to drive a car, I would learn how to before actually driving it.