Thread: Convert from PDF to DOC & Edit!

Only african to own a PC! Cider's Avatar

Convert from PDF to DOC & Edit!

Hello Everyone

I just want to find out if its possible to convert from PDF back to DOC after converting to PDF and edit the DOC file?

If you dont have the original document I am under the impression that Acrobat Professional 8 wont allow you to edit it?

Is this true.

Can someone point me to a program which allows you to edit the Doc file after converting from PDF while not having the original file.

Apparently there are "Security Flags"

Any help appreciated.

Regards,
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

If you open the PDF File in Adobe, use CutePDF Printer and reprint the PDF to a PDF. Then open the newly printed PDF and there ya go.

Hope that makes sense as I'm confused reading it!

Only african to own a PC! Cider's Avatar
    Thank you Wolfetone ... Ill give it a go even though I have to read it four times evertime I look at it :P
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    Adobe pro has the option built in
    but you will lose the formatting, so you have to edit that too
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

You should be able to convert a PDF with security features to a DOC, and then edit that DOC file. I've done this in Adobe Acrobat Pro, but must warn you that it doesn't always convert the file correctly (ie.-formatting may be off).

There are quite a few online services that will allow you to convert files types for free. Try this one:

http://www.zamzar.com/

As long as the pdf is in doc format you can reverse the process by various available tools. pdf2word is one of them.
    You can edit the pdf directly in acrobat std or pro, the security settings can be taken off by various programs (pdf crackers like from lostpassword.com), or even by saving it as a new file.

Finally if the pdf isn't directly converted (e.g. you cannot highlight any text) you would need a program like abby finereader pro to do text recognition.

In some cases one method might work better then the other, depending on the format, but it's definitely not too difficult to do.