Thread: Laptop won't come out of suspend mode

Laptop won't come out of suspend mode

I recently wiped the hard drive to my DeskNote 929a laptop. I was going to reload it for my inlaws to use just for emails and general internet use. I couldn't find my discs that want with my laptop so I downloaded the drivers from the internet. When I loaded my vga driver, my computer went to reboot and stuck in the suspend mode for some reason. Now I can't get my laptop to boot up at all. When you shut it compltely off and reboot, it still shows it is in the suspend mode. I tried to hold down the ctrl key to bring it up in safe mode but nothing. What can I try to get it to come out of he suspend mode? Thank you for your help. Highly appreciated.

Tammy

Hey Hey,

Have you tried pulling out the battery and ensuring that it has no power?

I'm not following the "shut it off completely and turn it back on, it's still in suspend mode"... If it's suspended, how are you turning it off? Via the power button? and then when you turn it back on it goes directly into suspend again?

I'd definitely pull the battery if you haven't done that already.

first of all how did you "wipe your hard drive"?

secondly if the graphics card is an "ati" it will require microsoft framework 2.0 to in order to install fully or other wise half way through it will give some kind of error and not install fully. this is the time when the computer boots but gets stuck where it has to load the graphics drivers.

i suggest install windows again, connect the lan (assuming that you connect through the lan cable) and run the windows updater. it ensures that you get the drivers that your computer needs.

or secondly install "service pack 2" before installing any drivers
    you are entering the vicinity of an area adjecent to the location.

Can you get into the BIOS setup?

Yes. I held the power button down until it shut off. How do I take the laptop case apart? Do I need a special tool to take the two halfs apart?

Tammy

It is not an "ati" video card. It's SIS combo card SIS 650_651_M650_740. I can't reinstall windows because the laptop will not reboot. I can't get into the bios.

Tammy

nihil

No it just to right to sspend mode

No, you don't need any special tools other than the right size and type of screwdriver.

Please Read This Carefully:

You don't sound as if you are very experienced at dismantling laptops so I will give you a couple of tips:

1. They tend to have several different sized screws.
    2. It is very easy to damage the motherboard during reassembly if you put the wrong sized screw in the wrong hole.

To avoid this, get a sheet of paper and write down (or draw a picture) of where you got the screws from and tape them to the paper next to it.

Or, use different coloured felt tipped pens and mark the screwheads and the holes.

You problem does sound like a corrupted BIOS so removing the little button battery for a couple of hours should reset it. To not have it connected to the power.

Guys, FYI, this is one of those hybrids that is mostly made of desktop parts and does not have a rechargeable battery.