Thread: DAP ...

Only african to own a PC! Cider's Avatar

DAP ...

Hey all

I use DAP as it has resume support as with the ongoing power cuts & continous dropping while leaving a download on when I leave work.

1 Question.

As you can see in my screenshot I was downloading a file of approx 320 MB.

When I resumed this morning after a power cut last night 4 of the 5 files (each 63 mb) had finished. One of them were only on 20 MB although it said done next to it.

The file kept downloading and I could see that file climbing from 20 MB.

Why does this happen? As you can see in the screenshot it says 500 MB of 20 MB completed.

Is this only with DAP?

Can someone explain this

Thanks.
    Last edited by Cider; August 7th, 2008 at 09:49 AM.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

I've seen this happen with various programs before. It gets confused as to exactly how big the file is. Sometimes it will eventually complete and be fine, but usually it gets corrupted and you have to d/l it again

i dont use dap, as it is a resource hog and hardly speeds up my downlaods the way i want them. personally i use bitcomet it can capture internet explorer downloads (most of ie dl). but not only that, it downloads them in the background without usin too many resources, with considerable download speeds.

heres a link. just test drive it for a few days and let me know how it goes.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_bitcomet/

Only african to own a PC! Cider's Avatar
    I've seen this happen with various programs before. It gets confused as to exactly how big the file is. Sometimes it will eventually complete and be fine, but usually it gets corrupted and you have to d/l it again
    Only happens to me when the power goes off or the internet goes down overnight. The download then normally gets corrupted and will have to restart.

i dont use dap, as it is a resource hog and hardly speeds up my downlaods the way i want them. personally i use bitcomet it can capture internet explorer downloads (most of ie dl). but not only that, it downloads them in the background without usin too many resources, with considerable download speeds.

heres a link. just test drive it for a few days and let me know how it goes.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_bitcomet/
    Does it work with firefox. I use Flashgot plugin to use DAP. Had no problems concerning resources. I will give it a go.

You suggested bitcomet, does utorrent or likewise do the same.

Thanks
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

i am pretty sure u can use that plugin for bitcomet as well. i dont know for sure if utorrent does the same, but i think it might with flashgot. im not sure though because i dont use utorrent.

heres a link if u wanna give it a try.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_utorrent/