Thread: Window Server 03

Window Server 03

I just installed windows server on a home pc to pratice for my certs. I am having trouble getting it connected to the internet. I have it set to get ip's automatically but it isnt finding anything???

I am using verison fios wireless internet and when I check network connections it says it connected. But I dont see the flow of packets but it is connected. I think it has something to do with the DNS but I am not sure, I am sure it looking for it but cant find. If the is the problem will verison be able to help me out with the DNS.

I am really in a jam here i need to get this computer up and running soon or my peoples will flip out. Any help would great... or at least some direstion.

Have you checked to make sure the card you're using for the network connection is actually supported with Windows Server 2003? Did you install the drivers so it could find and use that card?

I've used Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition a few times and after installation either it picked up the card itself or I used the NT / 2000 XP version of the driver to install it since it's based on that it usually works.

You may want to think what you did during the set up to make sure you did each step correctly and check the driver, and if all else fails, you may want to check the card itself in another machine to make sure it too is working properly.

Also Windows has the hardware thing to check if a device is working and where the driver is and things like that, lad that up and have a look at it.

It was the drivers, I am such an idiot!!!! TY

No problem