Thread: Sooo, what else?

Sooo, what else?

I noticed a difference today, a link to the tutorial submissions forum that's empty right now. Personally, the 30 day thing is too long for me to wait. Maybe if it were a weekly thing i'd jump in on that. Also:

Code:
    - Computer security or network security only.

&& 

- Tutorials detailing how to compromise the security of software, server, Web site or Web service are strictly prohibited.

!=

lotsa participation.
    lol...

So what else is being done to jump start this place?

Banned
    Personally, the 30 day thing is too long for me to wait. Maybe if it were a weekly thing i'd jump in on that.
    I'm really not sure how that could be an issue... 30 days is "too long [... ]to wait"? - too long to wait for what?? Payment?? But you would do it if there were weekly payments???

No, the incentive is too low. Say you throw up an article that doesn't get picked, you gotta wait 30 days to try again. If it's a tut of the week, the time frame should reflect that, even if the incentive money comes down, the incentive as a whole would go up.

Example, one tutorial a month, 1 chance per month to score a total of $50. If the incentive cash was lowered to $25, and the time table was adjusted accordingly, then I would have 4 chances per month to score a total of $100. And if the network is giving away $200/mo total, that cuts their cost in half while getting much more than 1 tut a month per person.

I can only assume the current setup was due to lack of expected participation, which is obviously going to be less than the normal forum participation which is already low.