Thread: Cant save wireless settings on my wrt54g

Cant save wireless settings on my wrt54g

Hi all,
    I have wireless router linksys wrt54g. I upgraded its firmware from 3.1 to 4.21.1 and hard reseted it. I can change all settings except these for wireless (SSID name, security ...). Actually I changed them it shows me succesfuly operation, but when reloads the page the settings are the defaults. I tried using IE 7 with pop up blocker off, phishing off, reset all IE settings, also tried Firefox 2, but nothing helps. I am using Windows XP Pro.
    BGDevS
    [gloworange]www.peaksoft.info [/gloworange]

Moved to the hardware forum... I see a wireless router as hardware, and I don't see any real "security discussion" here.. it's more of a tech support type post.

HTRegz, thanks for moving the topic. Now ... anybody can help me? I can change all settins for LAN, Administration, also I can change the channel no. and the type (B, G Mixed). I cannot change only the SSID name and the security type. When I change them and click save settings it tells me Succesful settings, but when the page reloads there the default values. I upgraded the firmware to the latest, I tried the live support of linksys, but they can't help me (I spoke with 3 or 4 agens).
    BGDevS

Have you checked with Linksys to find out if this is a known issue?

Yes, I chat with 3 of their agents, but they can't help me
    BGDevS

I have a similar problem with my linksys wrt54gs. If I want to make changes to my wireless settings, I have to do it one tab at a time. What I mean by this is, if I want to make changes under a particular tab, say "Basic Wireless Settings", I make those changes, save them; and then move on to the next tab, "Wireless Security" for example, make thoses changes, and save them. In other words, I can't make all the changes on different tabs at the same time. I'm using the latest firmware.

Yes, I did this, but it didn't help.
    BGDevS

i was using google chrome and i could not change the settings, when I changed it back to IE7,i could.

hope it helps

Keeping The Balance CybertecOne's Avatar
    I have the same model at home, but have not noticed this issue. However, I know that control over the SSID etc may be dependant on another setting in the device itself.... I will check when i get home - However, in the meantime re-apply the firmware.

It would not be the first time firmware has shot itself in the foot while trying to upload to the device.

Also, once the firmware is applied, do not hard reset the device - there is no need, and this may have been the cause of the problem (interrupting power while it was still programming). Once the firmware is applied, and you can access the device via web console, you can configure and save.
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    - Albert Einstein