Thread: Trouble networking with Hamachi

Trouble networking with Hamachi

I just installed Hamachi and can connect from my laptop to my desktop into my non-passworded account. When I try to browse my laptop I get this login:

The password is not the account password set for that user, ant that is the only password set on that computer. What am I doing wrong. I had the same issue networking another computer years ago but could never find an answer and gave up. I'm sure it's something simple. Please help me.

I believe you need to setup a user account on your laptop to match your desktop username/pass. Once the local account is done, share a folder, and add that local user under permissions. Try accessing that shared folder from your desktop, and see if that helps.

When I ran into this issue, I ended up having to set a password for my user, a blank pass wasn't working for some reason.... Stumped me for a bit!
    Ron Paul: Hope for America
    http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

It seems it shouldn't have to work that way since it is on the same network, otherwise all pcs on a network would have to have the same login to share files.

When you receive a guest prompt like that, it's generally related to simple file sharing..

Assuming this is XP you can disable simple file sharing (which should solve your problem) with the following steps:

-- Open Explorer
    -- Tools Menu
    -- Folder Options
    -- View Tab
    -- Last Item in the list ( Use Simple File Sharing (Recommended) ) -- Uncheck this.

*I'm moving this out of security discussions, as it isn't a security discussion, it's more of a tech support type post*

That did the trick. Thanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by cross
    When I ran into this issue, I ended up having to set a password for my user, a blank pass wasn't working for some reason.... Stumped me for a bit!
    I don't know if this is relevant, but I had a similar problem accessing a PC via Remote Desktop. The PC was in a lab and the Administrator account didn't have a password (yes, I know this is bad practice in a "real live" situation!). When I tried to connect to Administrator and no password, it generated an error. I googled then went to:

Local Security Settings > Local Policies > Security Options then changed the third one listed - "Accounts: Limit local account use of blank passwords to console logon only".