Thread: CISSP's stand up!

CISSP's stand up!

Howdy!

I've gone a long time without it very successfully, but the employer is offering to pay for test and training stuff for my CISSP certification.

Who has passed? Any hints about the test?

Also, worth it?

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Well, I found it worth it. Took me about a good 18 months of self study to get all the material down. It's not difficult material but there is a lot of it (think broad but shallow). Definitely visit http://www.cccure.org -- great site dedicate to studying the CISSP.

HTH
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Quote Originally Posted by MsMittens
    Well, I found it worth it. Took me about a good 18 months of self study to get all the material down. It's not difficult material but there is a lot of it (think broad but shallow). Definitely visit http://www.cccure.org -- great site dedicate to studying the CISSP.

HTH
    Self-study using the Official Guide and Shon Harris's All in One. Agree with MsMittens that cccure is a great tool, as I would do practice runs on CBKs I was weak on.

If you are a DoD Contractor, DOD 8570.1 pretty much made the CISSP the cert of the day. I got mine before 8570 was finalized, but it was funny to see agencies send folks to the boot camps, then sit back and laugh at the 80% fail rates. Definitly not a cert you can boot camp your way through. Mile wide, inch deep and all.
    Tachyon

|-----|Alcohol is my anti-drug |-----|