Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: web hosting help

AO's MMA Fanatic! Computernerd22's Avatar

web hosting help

Hello fellow members of AO. I have a couple of quick questions. The company I work for already has a (main) website (based out of miami), however, the store I work for (different city) wants one strictly for their store. I was thinking about using the main stores website/for the layout its self, but using some text from their website. BTW, We carry different stuff than the Miami store (main store) thats one of the reasons. Plus the main website hasnt been updated since beginning of 2007. Anyways, what I'm asking is whats one of the best web hosting companys to go with? cost effective? The fund are comming out of petty cash so anywhere from $ 0 - 40.00/ a month will work. A co-worker told me to go with godaddy.com but I searched google and found one I thought was actually really good price for the packages they offer www.bluehost.com

what do you guys generally look for when purchasing a web hosting package? Who/what do you guys recommend? Nothing is to be bought/sold online nothing like that.

If it's database driven, go with godaddy. Way more concurrent DB connections allowed, than Blue. Like 5x as many.

If it's database driven, go with godaddy. Way more concurrent DB connections allowed, than Blue. Like 5x as many.
    Main site doesn't have a database so I don't I will put one our site. So no db. What are the top 5 reasons to actually have a DB on a website? Serious question, I don't know so thats why I'm asking. I like security. I don't specialize in web code/design/hosting etc... Thanks for all the help.

Banned
    I'm with JP on this one. I switched all of my domains/hosting to godaddy about a year ago, and I haven't regretted it yet. They're cheap, and they have excellent customer service. I don't know where they get those support guys, but they seem to know their stuff inside-out, no matter what question you throw at them.

I'm with JP on this one. I switched all of my domains/hosting to godaddy about a year ago, and I haven't regretted it yet. They're cheap, and they have excellent customer service. I don't know where they get those support guys, but they seem to know their stuff inside-out, no matter what question you throw at them.
    I just went to google and typed *web hosting* and I checked out the first link which is http://webhostinggeeks.com/
    Top 10 Web Hosting - Best Web Hosts (2008)

http://webhostinggeeks.com/

all I know is I want a good web hosting company, honestly, I don't know one from the other. However, if I go with go daddy which package would be best suited for our needs? Is what I'm asking myself. Also, what packages did you guys go with?

I respect the replies given espically from you two guys. Why? Your up their. Okay, so if I have no DataBase then godaddy.com is the way to go. I wonder why godaddy is not on the site posted above? Oh well, thank you for the positive feedback. CN22

Lemme put it this way, I've had an info only (No DB) site on godaddy for 5 yrs, and I went to another host for a forum I put up. Within a month, I transferred it to godaddy, because I had NOTHING but problems, I mean like 10% of the time the site functioned well, the other 90% it was down or so slow you couldn't use it. I doubt I'll try another host again.

Ive used 1and1 and its been great for years, best for the money IMO

I personally use compuwebhosting.com, and have been with them for a few years now. Low price, great customer service.

Disgruntled Postal Worker fourdc's Avatar
    Some of GoDaddy's success is based on the philosophies of its founder and CEO Bob Parsons

http://bp.bobparsons.com/gdshop/bp/gear.asp?ci=8283

Our scout group has used them for our site.
    ddddc

"Somehow saying I told you so just doesn't cover it" Will Smith in I, Robot

After searching the net for the past 24 hours comparing features with one company compared to another
    I'm going with the *Deluxe Plan* 12 months @ $6.64 a month
    windows
    Plan Features
    • 100 GB NOW 150 GB Space
    • 1,000 GB NOW 1,500 GB Transfer

• 500 Email Accounts
    • Unlimited Web sites
    • FREE! Software
    • 25 MySQL Databases
    • Unlimited Email Forwards
    • Forums, Blogging, Photo Galleries
    • Go Daddy Hosting Connection
    • $25 Google® AdWords® Credit1
    • $50 Microsoft® adCenter Creditâ€*
    • FREE! Google Webmaster Tools
    Only thing Im iffy about is what happens if I exceed the 1,500 GB Transfer a month? Also, would this plan work for a business site that doesnt do any internet commerce (selling online) and has usually on average 2,000 guests a month on average Would this plan be enough the 1,500 gb of transfer (bandwidth)?

One video on the about us page & the rest images etc.... Not huge graphics just pictures of our products we carry in that particular store.

All help is greatly appreciated.