Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: web hosting help

AO's MMA Fanatic! Computernerd22's Avatar

Wink

After searching the net for the past 24 hours comparing features with one company compared to another
    I'm going with the *Deluxe Plan* 12 months @ $6.64 a month https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/hosti...ed.asp?ci=9009
    windows
    Plan Features
    • 100 GB NOW 150 GB Space
    • 1,000 GB NOW 1,500 GB Transfer
    • 500 Email Accounts
    • Unlimited Web sites
    • FREE! Software
    • 25 MySQL Databases
    • Unlimited Email Forwards
    • Forums, Blogging, Photo Galleries
    • Go Daddy Hosting Connection
    • $25 Google® AdWords® Credit1
    • $50 Microsoft® adCenter Creditâ€*
    • FREE! Google Webmaster Tools
    Only thing Im iffy about is what happens if I exceed the 1,500 GB Transfer a month? Also, would this plan work for a business site that doesnt do any internet commerce (selling online) and has usually on average 2,000 guests a month on average Would this plan be enough the 1,500 gb of transfer (bandwidth)?
    Last edited by Computernerd22; April 9th, 2008 at 12:10 AM. Reason: I forget the link ;)

heh. I just bought that same hosting package yesterday... hadn't even looked at this thread until now... weird...
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

Yep, that's what I host my forum with. I started with another host for the same price, with the same or more storage and transfer, but only 10 (T-E-N!) max user connections to the DB at a time. How can ANY DB driven site get by with that? Bluehost offers 20, godaddy, 100.

That plan is pretty much what I have but I got it for $60 a year through 1and1

Another big plus, with go daddy the longest I've ever waited on hold with support was eight minutes, with the average being 4-5 minutes. One negative, and it's a minor one, they don't offer a live chat with support, which I sometimes find a better option, but if you're not waiting more than eight minutes I suppose that doesn't really matter. With the host I left, the average wait time was 90 minutes, in that event live chat was the only even remotely tolerable option.

AO's MMA Fanatic! Computernerd22's Avatar
    Yep, that's what I host my forum with. I started with another host for the same price, with the same or more storage and transfer, but only 10 (T-E-N!) max user connections to the DB at a time. How can ANY DB driven site get by with that? Bluehost offers 20, godaddy, 100.
    Whats your website where your forums at? I thought you owned this site antionline.com

Me? No, this site is owned by Jupitermedia, I just work for them. My site has nothing to do with IT at all. Jupitermedia hosts all its own sites.