Thread: cisco DMVPN frame relay lab config

cisco DMVPN frame relay lab config

Is there any way to create a working frame relay lab setup without using something like an ATLAS 550?

I want to setup 5 cisco 1800 series routers in a full mesh frame relay config. I want to test this setup using the dynamic multipoint vpn solution as described in this doc.

How can I do this in a lab environment?
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

I can't say I've ever worked with an 1800 series router... but when I was doing my CCNA stuff (which was actually a few years back now).... We used a setup similar to this: http://www.thebryantadvantage.com/Fr...y%20Switch.htm

I just wanted to send a quick update. I got this working a while ago and forgot to post an update.

I was able to get all of the devices configured in a lab setting. I'm using Cisco 1841 with integrated WIC cards. I just had to create crossover cables for the WIC. (T1 or 56K depending on the WIC, not a normal ethernet crossover)

I had to set the clock on the DCE to internal and set the clock on the DTC to line. The clock rate had to be lower but not equal to the maximum line speed. The DCE had to be configured as the frame relay switch.

Due to a lack of internal WIC cards, I had to configure all the devices and have just a couple of them connected at a time. I could physically move around the crossover cables between the different routers to test my OSPF routing config as well as make sure all the WAN interfaces were working properly.

If anyone is interested in the actual config, let me know and I'll post a sample.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.